How do I find a man?

I'm single and I'm very tired of it. I haven't felt a mans touch in 3 years and I feel like I can't take it anymore. Guys don't really approach me, and the ones that do i'm not interested in. Also, the guys I fall for are always taken. For example, the most recent guy I fell for has a girlfriend, I just found out. I did meet a cute guy on the bus, but I didn't realize he was hitting on me until my friend said something , so I failed to get his number. I've never really date anyone so I suck at. flirting and picking up signals, unless it's super obvious. I do know how to treat a man if I had one, and I do know how I want to be treated... I just don't know where to start or how to find one.

Most Helpful Guy

• You put yourself out there You flirt. You put yourself in social situations where you'll meet men.

"Guys don't really approach me, and the ones that do i'm not interested in."
    That's not entirely true, and you prove this when you say...
    " I did meet a cute guy on the bus, but I didn't realize he was hitting on me until my friend said something."

Perhaps you should date, if anything to get the practice. Perhaps you should do the approaching and try to learn to read signals.

What are you doing to make yourself attractive, physically and emotionally, to men? What are you doing with your life to make it interesting?

• I keep myself presentable as any lady should, otherwise nothing. Also, I don't know what I could do to make my life interesting. I go to school, I also go out every now and then, that is pretty much it.

• Could you elaborate when you say, "I keep myself presentable as any lady should?" Presentable doesn't always mean attractive.

My dear, you're young and it's a struggle. I get that. I was as bewildered as you, more so perhaps, as to attracting someone. However, I think you find if you work on making your life an interesting adventure, you're going to find that will open doors for you in ways you never imagined.

• Defiantly true, I'll have to work on getting more involved at school. Also, I mean that I dress nice, I don't wear tons of makeup, my hair is always neat (except for an occasional bad hair day), and I keep my body in shape. There have been times where guys only approach my friends. I don't know what makes me attractive, but I have attracted some really good looking guys, it's just rare.

What Guys Said 2

• well if guys are approaching you, but you dont like them... the onus is on you to do a bit of work and actually approach the guys you want

• Ask him out

What Girls Said 0