Would you ever date a friends ex/brother/sister?

Wondering. Can you explain why/why not? Thanks.

• I would
  • I wouldn't

Most Helpful Guy

• It's your life gotta go for it worse thing that can happen is it doesn't work out but maybe there a small miracle and you were ment to be with them and end up happily ever after.. gotta step into the unknown even I'f it's forbidden or looked down upon. Don't forget people are always changing at first someone might hav a problem with it but then they grow to accept it

What Guys Said 15

• I couldn't, sisters and ex girlfriends are off limits. That's just one of the bro codes.

• i said i wouldn't for the ex cause its kinda guy's rule. then comes the sister... emmm i would i freaking would his sister's ass. date too by the way. just saying this cause i date my friend's sis.

• I'm ok with sister's.
    Both me dating a friends sister, or a friend of mine dating my sister.

I wouldn't date a friend ex tou

• I would date a friends ex, not their brother or sister though.

• Not an ex. Dick move. But sibling? Sure.

• My best friend's sister is quite pretty, (and really nice), so hell yes.

• i wouldn't because it is different relationship when compared to dating relationship.

• Why not? I think it has nothing wrong.

• As long as there's not too much of a resemblance.

• Why not if there is sparkle betwen. so answer is no

• Oh well I would never date her because that's bro code... but if fuck the shit outta her

• They are ex for a reason

• I have actually dated a couple of friend's exes. Of course I asked them if it was alright first.

• I Married My Best Friends Sister.

• Not an ex because that's gutty however if I genuinely liked a friends sister and saw it going somewhere I would date them I wouldn't bang a friends sister at a party or something like that but I would date my friends sister only if I had good intentions :)

• My brother married his best friends sister and it was the best decision either of them ever made!! Though, they were really young (17) when he first asked his friend if he could date his sister and he said hell no, but then my brother moved across the country for a year and a half and when he came back he asked again and this time his friend said yes, since they were a little older and more mature.

• @Sara413 Ya that's what I'm saying. Dating a sister isn't like a malicious act you just have to be in it for the right reasons not just wanting to have sex with them because that's not okay to do to your friends sister. What I said about the exes I feel stands true, most of the time there's still a little something there with an ex so because of that I feel you should never date a friends ex.

What Girls Said 34

• Theoritically, people say no, but practically if they were attracted to him/her and they stood a chance, they'd surely go for it.

• I would absolutely never EVER date a friend's ex. That's just such a terrible idea. No. Do not do that.

Not really a fan of dating their brother either honestly. Especially if he was a younger brother. It sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• Funny cause my sister and I were talking about this.

All the guys I've dated aren't her type.
    All the guys she dated are my type.
    I'd never date them though. it'd be too awkward for me. Bringing home each other's exs just doesn't cut out for us.

• nope. that shit ain't right. i would never date my friends brother. it just makes things incredibly awkward and weird, and not the same. my best friend used to flirt and try to hook up with my brother behind my back. as if i didn't know? like wtf. thats so rude. it complicated things and made me stop talking to her and not respect her as a person anymore. i didn't like my brother for a long time either. i lost respect for him as well.

• I didn't vote because there's no option for:

ex = NO
    Brother/sister = Yes or Why not

When my friends break up with someone I usually have no desire to be around the guy much less date them... but a friend's brother? If he's my age single and a good guy... why not?

• Ex? No. Brother? Probably.

Ex's are always off limits in my opinion. I would absolutely NEVER cross that line. As for a friend's brother, it would depend on how much I liked him and how good of a friend she was. Obviously, there's a very real chance we would eventually break up and it may not be on the best of terms, and that might cause issues with my friend. I'd take all that into consideration. Weigh the pros and cons and then decide.

• Yes, depending on the situation and how the friend feels about it. I don't believe in cold hard rules when it comes to dating - I believe in respecting the people in your life, and that will mean different things in different scenarios.

• No, that'd break girl code. Plus, if things ended messy, than your friendship with said friend would be at stake

• Nah I'd like to avoid drama please no thanks.

• No..

I used to mess around with this guy 2 years ago.. His twin brother was trying to get at me and it was just totally awkward..

I told him I had sex with your twin.. That's just not right.. And I have to see them both constantly if I was to ever date him..

Like I would look like a fucking whore lol

• I said I wouldn't just because of the ex. Brother, I wouldn't mind so much. Yet, dating a friend's ex in my opinion is asking for trouble. There will be drama and stupid things involved that is not worth it. There an ex for a reason and maybe the girl code? I don't know. There is a situation where my friend had made stupid choices and broke up her ex and even though she left an amazing guy. I still respect her even though I had lost some for her bad decisions.

• Most my friends have older brothers. They actually try to hook us up. So yea, I'd date my friend's brother but never a friends ex

• It really, REALLY depends a lot on the situation

• Okay, this is probably just me, but this reminds me of Harry Potter. Harry likes Ron's (his best friend's) sister and Ron finds out and gets very upset at Harry ("She's my sister!"). So first check with the friend first to see if it is okay with them so they don't completely blow up at you

Haha sorry about that Potterhead moment there :)

• I would, but I'd at least run it by the friend first, not exactly to see if they approve, but to at least key them in

• It would just make me feel a little awkward! Haha :D

• nope.
    ...

• No thank you I'll pass

• Don't think I'd go for the ex if it ended badly, but at the end of the day they're just another person!

• No I wouldn't. Its just too crazy.

• Nope! Not worth the future drama

• Brother, not her ex.

• It's just wrong, simple as that

• It would be way too weird

• Nope, I wouldn't risk ruining a good friendship if something goes wrong.

• Depends on the circumstance. Depends on history. But given the right conditions, YES.

• Noooooooooooo

• I dated my best friends ex (After getting her approval) we're so close we share everything XD

• If they are real friends they won't mind you dating their brother or sister

• I would not all all unless my friend was ok with it all

• More from Girls
    4