What was your first real date like?

I asked this question before but I didn't get enough responses so I'm asking it again, out of complete curiosity.. what was your first date like and did you even enjoy it? I'm asking this because I haven't been on mine yet first one yet haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first (and ONLY) date I've been on was when I was 19 years old. My sister put an ad on Craigslist and a 20 year old girl responded, saying she was interested.

At first, I was so excited! Finally, a girl was willing to date me! WOO HOO! She was cute too.

So we talked on the phone for over an hour straight and we got along JUST FINE. Everything worked out perfectly... then the date happened.

Unfortunately, nothing much happened. We went to the movies and she had this group project (We were both college students) and she continuously texted her partners on the project, the ENTIRE time. We barely talked. I have no idea why. I tried to talk to her but she have short, one-word responses. She would barely even look at me.

After the date was over, she had me drop her off at the library to work on her school project. MIND YOU, I had asked her earlier in the week the best time to go on this date and she said Thursday night (but if she had a group project, WHY would she say this?) I knew it was coming...

So I texted her the next day asking to hang out and she said "we'll be better off as just friends." Why? I have no idea. SHE is the one who wouldn't give me a chance.

To this day, it's the only date I've ever been on. Oh well. It wasn't all that great.

What Guys Said 3

• The first date i be ever been on was this cute chubby girl from high school. I was homeless at the time and I didn't have any money. This happened the day before I went to a gig at Dallas, TX. So I decided to chill with her before I left Houston. We had a great time laughing telling jokes. I even cried in front of her but she cheered me up. Unfortunately I don't talk to her anymore but it was good while it lasted...

• It was bad, really bad, i was nervous didn't know what to say and neither did she, we ended up sitting there staring at each other like a couple of retards. it got better over time.

• Like going on holiday with a group of Germans.

What Girls Said 1

• went to a coffee shop with someone I met at a uni speed date thing. Wasn't that attracted to him in hindsight, just getting desperate haha. Walked really awkwardly home with him getting very nervous. Left without even a hug, no physical contact. Said we'd meet again but never did til he tried to like five months later after talking in the summer. Didn't end up happening as I flaked out. Basically think both of us was lonely but not that bothered about each other or else we'dve been more keen.

second proper date was lovely. went to a pub, intending a quick drink but we chatted for like four and a half hours. complete gent, walked me home. didn't end up even having a peck til the third date. but he'd now my boyfriend and first proper relationship.

Just try not to be too nervous, go into it with an open mind. Be yourself and chatty and friendly and be honest. Might not work out. But remember, the other person will probably be just as insecure and nervous and self doubting as you might be. :) Also 17 at the time doesn't feel young but it really is! (I'm 22 now). Don't stress about not having had one x