Would you ever date an asexual person?

A lot of people seem to not be able to have a relationship with someone without sex...

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• Because orientation matters. I've used this analogy loads of times before -
    Asexuals pursuing relationships with non-asexuals is like a hetero guy chasing a lesbian. There are clear differences in what each partner wants, and one partners orientation does not take precedence over the others.

If I had an asexual partner, why should I go without sex just because she doesn't want any? But I also can't see myself forcing her into something she doesn't want to do. I want my partner to want to be intimate with me, not see it as some chore or obligation.

What Guys Said 17

• I like sex waaaaay too much. I can't see it working. Unless it were part of some poly situation? Then it could work.

But there are people who will! A friend of mine got involved with someone a few months ago, and they've been very busy together, haven't seen much of her since.

• Nope I couldn't date an asexual girl... without sex, I would not feel satisfied and happy in he relationship.

• Only if she is still okay with sexuality from time to time. I have read about asexuals who don't really get the urge at all (hell they have no idea what "urge" others are taking about) but still enjoy the activity or are at least indifferent to it and go with it to "please their partner".

• It's a nightmare.

If I knew, I wouldn't consider dating them.

And based on life experiences, if i were single, i'd be testing early for any signs of low sex drive, and walking away if i found them.

• We might as well be friends. So not for me.

It's not like I crave sex every second, I could wait for a long time with a girl but if that won't ever happen then no.

• basically an ASEXUAL person, won't be interested in dating at the first place

• That's not true, my best friend is asexual. She likes people, but more for their personalities rather than physical attraction. She just never feels horny or sexually attracted to anyone.

• I don't see the point. A sexless, romanceless, emotionally close relationship already has a name: friendship.

• It isn't romanceless, it's just love without sex

• What's wrong with platonic love?

• There's nothing wrong with platonic love, it's great. But you don't date platonic friends. You date romantic interests.

• i wouldn´t see a reason for a "date". we can be friends, no question but why a date if there isn´t going to be sex?

• There can be sex without love so why can't there be love without sex?

• because love -sex = friendship sex is the only thing that makes the difference in my opinion. of course sometimes you can´t have love than you´ll take whatever you get.

i mean would you be ok with him having sex with another girl? because i seek sexual activity and if i can´t have it, i doesn´t make any sense to me.

• The whole self-reproduction and multiplication thingie would be a bit of a passion killer at the dinner table.

• I'd say no. But what's the point of being asexual in the first place? Sounds like choosing to be unhappy, I don't really see the point.

• You don't choose to be asexual... Just like you don't choose to be bi or lesbian

• Love without any sexual intimacy is just friendship.

Yes i would date them, and by dating them I mean I will be their greatest of friend :) We would hang out and do stuff together, no sexual intimacy involved. Sound like a good friendship!

• No way, Jose.

• sex is a very important part of marriage. now if we were not married then no i would have no problem. because i would not be active with them.

• The hell would be the point?

• HAHAHAAHAHH, NO most certainly not.

• Yeah I would, I don't really care about sex

• I wish there were more guys like that...

• Well there aren't many girs like that either

• True story...

• Asexual people need no dates, they are loners, they have no urge to date because of lack of certain hormones.

• Asexuals can fall in love and date, it's just that they want romance without sex. They have no interest in sex.

• I've met only one asexual but she is not interested in dating at all... she said that she is a self-sufficient person.

What Girls Said 11

• No. To me, sex is one of the most unifying and intimate things you can do with someone. It shows love and passion. It is when you can be so close to someone that they are actually inside of you. I would want to be able to share that experience with my significant other.

• No I couldn't.

For me, sex is a bond, it brings us closer, it's a passionate way to express your love. Anyone can say "I love you" but giving your body to someone it the ultimate way (in my eyes) to say, I do love you and I want to show you using every inch of me.

I don't have sex purely for pleasure, I've only once in my life had "casual" sex, but it's not something I could do again. But don't get me wrong, it was a very nice 21st birthday present...

• I like to think of myself as open minded and accepted, but i want to have sex in a relationship. It makes me feel loved and accepted, as they are willing to do the most intimate things with my body which is not exactly the best. If they never had sex i'd just feel depressed and think they wanted a cis partner and they didn't like my looks or body.

• No, I don't think I would be able to.

• I would love it , in fact I would marry a person like that!

• Agreed, though I must say it's difficult finding other asexuals...

• I don't know if I am asexual. I know I have hormones and such but I really in all honesty would rather be without sex.

• No, because I have a high sex drive and we would thus not be compatible.

Nothing wrong with being asexual, but regardless of your sex drive, you gotta find someone who's sex drive is compatible with yours.

• Nope. Waste of time to me since I want sex in a relationship. I can be their friend though.

• Date them just for the pleasure of their company, the witty humour and charming personality? Yep, done that before, but it had to be discussed that I was highly sexual so I would need to play with others... he was fine with that... initially

• Yes, absolutely! It is very difficult, isn't it? It seems to be a less accepted orientation than most, so I've found.

• No, absolutely not.

• Not only no but HELL NO!