A guy won't date me because I'm not popular?

He's messaged me and told me he likes me but when I was straight forward about maybe meeting or something he said no. He wouldn't even talk to me in person at school because he was scared of what people might think. Is this a thing that still goes on after highschool.. Because he's not hitting home runs in getting girls if he worries about being popular..

Most Helpful Girl

• No? That normally never goes on after high school. Once you're done with high school, none of your former classmates give a fuck what you do. What he sounds like is a really insecure guy. I two former football players from my school ( very good reputation in high school) and they are going out with these two girls that were just normal smart girls.

What Guys Said 5

• That's the worst possible reason not to date someone.

• Wow, thank god he told you, you avoid a bullet right there.

• Move on to someone more mature.

• Gee, he sounds like a great guy.

• It's a high school thing.

What Girls Said 4

• Looks like you've had a misfortune of meeting a moron. If he cares more about his reputation than he cares about you he's not worth of your time. Stop talking to him if you haven't already and talk to someone who won't be ashamed of you.

• Honestly I do NOT miss those highschool things. I'm in College and personally for me ''popularity'' doesn't really affect people as much

• Lucky you. Now you can move onto a better guy more worth your time.

• Why would you want to date an insecure follower such as him? Gross..