White guys... would you care if you found out the girl you were dating had dated several black guys in the past?

In the past several years I have dated three black guys, as well as two white guys. Yesterday my mother was lecturing me about how some white men may not want to date me now because of that history. Is the world really still that racist? Personally, I would not care at all or even give it a second thought if the guy I was dating had gone out with girls of other races in the past. To me it just doesn't matter, which is why I never had a problem dating outside of my race.

• Yes, it would be a deal breaker
  • No, not at all
  • It might bother me, but I'd still date her

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, yes it would be a deal breaker for me. I would never date a woman who had dated a black man.

Most of the white girls I KNOW who date black guys usually do so for one of three reasons:
    1) Fetish, they have this weird obsession with their partners skin color or start dating black guys to see if "the rumors are true".
    2) Life problems, usually when a white girl dates black guys she has had problems in her life, lack of a father figure, family troubles, self esteem issues, and other emotional issues.
    3) Attention seeking, they want people to look at them to show off how liberal, hip and cool they are.

"Once you go black, we don't want you back". For the most part it's true and I think it would be safe to say most self-respecting white men feel the same way, even if they won't openly admit it.

• You talk as if black people are less than white people...

• Say what you want about what I have said, it does not bother me and won't change my outlook. It's based on my own personal experience with white women who date black men. You don't have to like it but it's my honest observational opinion... the vast majority of white men I know and talk to feel the exact same way.

• @Alivo But when someone calls you racist (for your obvious racist beliefs), they're just "playing the victim", right?

What Guys Said 21

• Only a racist or a very insecure guy who feels emasculated when compared to a black guy would have a problem with that. If a guy judges your worth based on the races of the men you had dealing with in the past, then that guys isn't worth shit and should be left alone.

• When a white guy tells me that he won't date a woman because of a history involving black men, I know that I'm dealing with both an idiot and the owner of a small penis.

• Or actual self respect lol
      Go date all the ghetto groupies you want, but why do we all have to?

• So we're working on the assumption that black = ghetto? Gotcha. Seems progressive.

• Who would care? If someone is bothered by that, he's probably an asshole

• Well there you go 6 guys in total have said it would bother them and be a deal breaker. And yet we claim that we have progressed in this cold harsh world. Racism is prevalent is just more thought of then spoken of. Only 4 dudes minus me (who's black) said i wouldn't mind. But all kudos to you to dating whomever you wish regardless of color just know those who care dont matter and those dont care matter.

• I like your end quote.

• Thank you i thought of it all by myself lol. What are your thoughts on this @Rcjh1987

• I think you were spot on with your opinion. . if it was reversed I wouldn't care. past should should stay there and not be talked about unless its mentioned why something didn't work out and that's it. the past called they said they wanted it back. .

• I'll be honest, I'd be a bit unnerved. But let me describe the black guys I've met. They are disrespectful. They are loud. They are rude. They will go out of their way to cause you discomfort and will laugh in your face when they do. They disrespect women and see them as breeding stock. Now I realize that this is only a select few, but it's hard to see something else when all you see is the bad. Now here's why I'd be a bit uncomfortable. One: I don't want to be compared to him in any way. I don't want my girlfriend to try and make me some tough, masculine guy like that. Cause I'm not. I'm flimsy and goofy. Second: I don't want a girl who found the black guys I've met attractive. I don't want a girl who likes being used. Who likes being disrespected and disrespecting others. Who wants drama. Now this is simply from what I've seen, but yes, it would bother me a bit. If she really liked me, though, I'd give her a chance.

• I wouldn't give a sh... Why would that even matter? I don't understand :S

• All due respect, guys who reject women on this premise are very... small. Both figuratively, and literally (I'm sure).

• No I wouldn't care at all. Tho if she dated an anti-gun lib then we might have a problem...

Also this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1EUQ1bjV4

And this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHUgSl4_Yxs

• I prefer virgins so as long as they didn't have sex, but the skin color doesn't bother me it would be if she slept around with lots of guys.

• A history with black men means you have a racial fetish. and you are a sellout. So i'd really wonder about your motivation and all that, honestly.

• No I would still date her.

• What do you mean when you say, "date"? Define what you consider dating to be, exactly. Race has nothing to do with it, to me. I'd be just disgusted if you dated a white guy just as much as a black guy.

• No, no problem. So long as she didn't do as my cousin did and have three kids by three different faceless one-night-stands.

No joke.

• Even if ur cousin don't talk/see her children's father (S), I hope they can at least pay the child support. Feel bad for her and the children.

• @Bananadream
      Seems unlikely.

Guys who have the money to pay child support, usually avoid getting women pregnant.

• She doesn't even know their names.

• No way!!! I would never, ever date a woman who dated black men, most other white men would not either. If I was dating a girl and found out she dated black men I would end the relationship right away. Complete deal breaker.

• If she was dating ghetto thugs, then yes. If he was a clean cut well spoken dude, then no.

• Yes, I would be reluctant to date a girl that has dated several guys period.

• loved ur stamina 5 guys in history still under 24

• Nope, I don't care. It's another one of those "mind over matter" things for me- if I don't mind, then it doesn't matter ;)

• depends. I'm a white guy and I've tried dating black girls. I was necessarily attracted to them... but I was curious. I couldn't blame a white girl for feeling the same way.

• If you had kids, that would be a deal breaker. I don't like the thought of walking around and having people think "that guy clearly got cheated on and is too much a loser to end it" or for you to decide you don't want any more kids and the only ones I get to raise clearly aren't my own.

Just dating a black guy not an issue. Kids, an issue.

• Didn't vote, didn't know what to choose.

• Bro there's no need to be that insecure about what people can hypothetically think about you, with the example u wrote here. Please work on getting thicker skin.

• @Prof_Don I get where you're coming from, but if I have the option of dealing with it or not dealing with it, then why even bother with the potential complications?

• I'd probably prefer a woman who stuck with white guys honestly.

What Girls Said 6

• Oh god the male poll results are really depressing so far. More guys have said its a deal breaker than either other option. Im soooo confused as to why that would matter? Are they just trolling?

• Too many pathetically insecure white guys around these GaG parts, I suppose. :-P

• Looks like the racist/insecure voters jumped in early.

• If he would judge you on that you shouldn't even be conversing with him. ✋

• LMFAAAAAAAAOFFFFF wow i have never heard such a dumb thing.

If there are actually morons like that they definitely aren't worth dating.

• If guys are bothered about it they don't know that 1. Black guys are as good in bed as white guys and 2. Not all black guys have big dicks lol, you can go black and go back, especially since the guy is a cocky little shit lol and i've bumped into a lot of big headed black guys.

• Yeah they care. Trust me.

• when my bf and I broke up he asked me if I slept with any black guys, I lied and said no because I wanted him to take me back AND it was really none of his business
    I told him the truth later because I honestly didn't think he was tat racist, but he was pissed! And then later he told me an even bigger truth that when we were broke up he also had sexual relations with a black guy... a good friend of ours... talk about a double standard huh? It was ok for him to lie about who he was with while I was scrutinized and my bf was gay this whole time...