In the past several years I have dated three black guys, as well as two white guys. Yesterday my mother was lecturing me about how some white men may not want to date me now because of that history. Is the world really still that racist? Personally, I would not care at all or even give it a second thought if the guy I was dating had gone out with girls of other races in the past. To me it just doesn't matter, which is why I never had a problem dating outside of my race.
- Yes, it would be a deal breaker6% (2)24% (16)18% (18)Vote
- No, not at all85% (29)48% (32)60% (61)Vote
- It might bother me, but I'd still date her9% (3)28% (19)22% (22)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
To be honest, yes it would be a deal breaker for me. I would never date a woman who had dated a black man.
Most of the white girls I KNOW who date black guys usually do so for one of three reasons:
1) Fetish, they have this weird obsession with their partners skin color or start dating black guys to see if "the rumors are true".
2) Life problems, usually when a white girl dates black guys she has had problems in her life, lack of a father figure, family troubles, self esteem issues, and other emotional issues.
3) Attention seeking, they want people to look at them to show off how liberal, hip and cool they are.
"Once you go black, we don't want you back". For the most part it's true and I think it would be safe to say most self-respecting white men feel the same way, even if they won't openly admit it.5
- Show AllShow Less