Is it normal for boyfriends to do this?

My boyfriend goes up to my best friend and constantly says things like "____ is so hot" and "____ is amazing". She feels really uncomfortable when he does this so is it normal for bouyfriends to talk about their girlfriends like this?

• Normal
  • Not normal
Would it effect my relationship with my friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi there :) From what I've read it seems as though your boyfriend is proud of you and thinks you're amazing! haha :D From my experience with my male friends, it isn't abnormal for them to praise their girlfriend occasionally but if it's getting into a habit I guess it would be a bit weird :)

What Guys Said 15

• I am assuming the blank is your name?
    if he is saying that your amazing then of course that is normal. he wants to make sure your friend is telling you that he talks about you all the time. this way your know he really wants you. If that blank is someone else s name, then you have issues.

• It is not normal. I would find it disrespectful to my girlfriend.

The furthest I have ever taken it when a friend of my girlfriend wanted to impress this guy she liked. She dressed up for it. I told her she looked good. And I only said it once because more would be disrespectful to my girlfriend.

Maybe your boyfriend is looking for a threesome.

• No, I wouldn't say its normal :L
    If anything I would distance myself a little from her friends because if I started getting too comfortable she may get the wrong impression/s. What he's doing is unusual, for me at least

• If he's just talking about how great and beautiful you are, then no it's not weird and your friend is probably really insecure or something to feel uncomfortable about it (unless he does it ALL THE TIME).

• He does it most of the time

• Well then in that case I can understand her feeling perhaps annoyed about it, but he's not being a dick about it. It's better for him to say good things about you all the time than bad things.

• It is nice for a guy to talk highly of their SO but it is a bit weird when it gets uncomfortable. I hate when people talk about their sex life and such. It is very disrespectful in my opinion

• So you're mad that your boyfriend is saying that you are hot? I don't get it I thought that was a good thing o. O

Why would your friend be weirded out that your boyfriend thinks your hot? Wouldn't it be weirder if he didn't think you were hot?

• I think he dont have any interest with you. Or he has 100 % sure with you like you won't leave him in your life. And you should avoid this is not a good deal. Asap you may be his ex... Sounds may be hard. But its true..

• Maybe he feels your best friend is always watching him and sees the possibility she'll co e run to you saying he cheated because he said hi to another girl. That's why he goes to her to let her know you're his everything.

• If you feel unconformable then talk with him about it?

• Of course it's normal, you're his GF.

• Players... Lust seekers... Kick him in his ass!!!

• It depends on nature of boy.. but it will do effect your frndshp

• No its not sorry could you answer my? That I posted

• I would say it's normal if your bestfriend is insecure, because then he'll just make her feel good

• He's talking about me thought to her

• When you say blank you mean your name right?

• Yes I am. Did you think I was talking about somebody else?

• Kind of I was unsure lol, it's a normal thing he just likes you and he thinks about you a lot that's all it's a good thing. He's bragging to his friends about how hot you are it's just he's also bragging to your friends how hot you are :)

What Girls Said 13

• I think your friend is just jealous and trying to cause trouble plus how could you define your boyfriend by your friends?, it's nothing to do with her how you date or who you flirt with... id of given her a dirty look if she was my friend lol. What he is saying is fine, flirting is natural and fine and calling people hot and gorgeous is fine, she's the weird one lol.

• It's not normal at all for a guy to come to YOUR best friend and say stuff like that.

I've never heard of something like that before 0_o

• I'm not sure why he is doing that. It might be that he wants her to report to you how truly hot he thinks you are. Or it might be that he still can't believe he landed you. If it bothers you or your friend, just playfully let him know that it's *akward* ;-). Also let him know you are flattered. Try not to embarrass him. We all do somewhat inappropriate things when we are young, in love, and inexperienced.

• Jeez I read this wrong, I thought you meant he was talking about passerbyers which is also normal. But no, you should be extremely lucky he was talking about you... That means he has some serious respect for you ma'am. I'd call him a keeper if you want someone loyal he probably is if he has guts to bring that up. I can also see how your friend would be insecure, I mean maybe she isn't used to relationships, or isn't used to him, there's a lot of factors. Just if she doesn't like it, make sure you have her tell him it's makes her feel uncomfortable.

• Your friend will distance herself if she's a real friend. He's trying to covertly come on to the friend by creating a wedge in the friendship & attempting to make himself look desirable in order to cause a reaction.

• My boyfriend does this all the time, not only to my best friend, but other people. Not necessarily saying how hot I am, but he constantly talks me up to other people- family, friends, strangers... I do the same with him, though.

• I think it's ok.
    He likes you and wants others to know that.
    I see it as a compliment.

• He is proud of you 😊

• Why is he approaching your best friend? Sounds to me he's trying to make her jealous.

• Normal yes,

awkward definitely...

• boyfriend may be hitting on best friend... beware!

• B
    looks like you hooked a shy loser can't deal this to your face

• he isn't saying it to her friend because he can't say it to her. he wants her friend to tell her how geeked he is about his gf...

• way ahead of you... ergo my comment

• Sounds a bit disrespectful and immature.