If he doesn't see a future with me, why is he dating me?

Been dating my bf for 8 months. He has commitment issues and is afraid of gettibg hurt in relationships and is super guarded. He recently said he doesn't see a futue with me. Why is he dating me than? or is he just saying that because he's just protecting himself cause he's scared our relationship might not workout?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, I wouldn't be losing time. Is not because he 'thinks' there is no future, actually because his words, the meaning are hurting me so why shouls I be with a guy that doesn't give a shit about how I feel?

I'm too proud so maybe that's me but I could add that you deserve more that shitty words from a guy that doesn't know what wants.

Maybe tomorrow he will see a girl that's perfect for him and will dump you ASAP.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he's just dating you for the moment. As in he doesn't see himself marrying you or dating you for years and years.

• yeah he is probably afraid that your relationship might not workout

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he might just be defensive. Try getting him to talk about, he might be saying that because he's scared you'll hurt him.