Confident and shy?

How would you feel about a guy who is confident in everything he does but shy when it comes to talking to girls?

So I'm a confident guy. I have good posture, strong body language, and I'm comfortable socializing.

I'm decent looking. I'm not necessarily ugly or particularly handsome. I've got a nice personality and a good body. Yes bro, I do lift.

The only thing, I have virtually no experience talking to girls. I can talk with girls as friends, but I feel too awkward to take it any further.

I act like I'm just not looking for a relationship, but in reality, I just have no idea how to have a relationship. Girls don't know I'm like this. They just assume I'm not interested.

How would you feel about a guy like this? What should I do?

What Girls Said 1

• confident and shy is actually an interesting mix. But being shy and acting aloof or disinterested are not the same. How can you call yourself confident when you're not so comfortable when it comes to talking to girls you like?

• Because I'm confident in literally everything else but that. I was really skinny for most of my life, then I got athletic and muscular. Girls finally show interest in me, but it makes me uncomfortable because I'm just not used to it.

• What you are feeling is psychological. You were skinny, right? your mental "you" is still thinking that your physique is not attractive enough. Work on that.

What Guys Said 1

• You can't be confident and shy. That's a lie told by shy kids to themselves, to reassure themselves that they are confident.

That's like being a fat thin person. If you want to actually be confident, start by admitting that you're not there yet.