My bf hasn't texted me all day. Why do guys do this?

I didn't text him just to see if he would text me at all. But nothing. No texts. Nothing. All day. It's been 24 hours since I've heard from him. I don't get to see him during the week days. Usually I text first. And now I know he wouldn't if i never initiate. how can he go all day without even one word? I'm not a dramatic girl by any means but this kinda hurts. Does he not care enough to send a few words? A picture? Nothing.

Just fyi, we've been together about a year now.

Are guys really ok with not talking to their significant other not even once a day? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel! And it really does hurt when there isn't communication unless we text first. It makes you wonder if he really cares about you, because you would think that he would be worried that you didn't text him and something might have happened. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years, and it used to be like that until I said something. And now we are happier than ever. If it really bothers you, you should say something to him. Also if you don't feel like sounding like a nag... You could just wait it out until he texts you first. And if he doesn't text you tomorrow or hasn't texted you by now, then he doesn't really care for you. I hope everything goes well for you!

What Guys Said 1

• I'm a guy and I did the same thing with my girlfriend and also got the same result. I think that it has to do with us always starting the conversations. I asked my girlfriend about it because was frustrating me. I'd say it's not only a guy thing but a relationship thing. I too would like to know why.

What Girls Said 1

• Been there. Me and my current boyfriend would do this when we first started talking. Such an immature game. You need to bring it up if it bothers you. Hopefully he has a good reason. In my situation it was always "I was waiting for you to text me". Never happened again after we talked about it.