My bf called me his ex gf's name?

okay so me and him have been dating a few months now and just now im on the phone with him and he randomly called me her name (kim) and my name is (abby) so how do you get that mixed up so does that mean he's thinking about her? and he also got mad at me for saying i wanted to go because he did that

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how long he was with her. You may have done something to remind him of her. It isn't a deal breaker but rather a lot of different things. If you did something annoying befor he said it then your good. He obviously attributed the annoyance to a memory or behavior of his ex. If you did something sweet and he called you that... Then he attributed the action to a memory of his ex. It's not a good sign. He may not be over her in that senario but you never know. He may just be bad at names or got mixed up, he's human it happens.

What Guys Said 2

• It was a slip of the tongue. I've called women "sir". I've called teachers "mom". Was I thinking about my mother when I was looking at my MALE teacher? No, I just wasn't really concentrating. Don't be mad if he accidentally used the wrong name. What would be bad is if he starts mixing up her's and your birthdays, likes, etc. At that point, you have an issue.

• (I'm going to word this badly. By first girlfriend I do not mean I'm having two girlfriends at once. we broke up, then later I was dating another girl.)

You're overreacting. I've done this before because I was on the phone with my first girlfriend a lot. Therefore when my second girlfriend called and said something similar to what the first one would have said, I said "yeah probably *name*".

What Girls Said 1

• That would make me mad!! I would of hung up the phone, without even saying good bye haha but! He probably wasn't thinking. I've almost called some of my guy coworkers my boyfriends name lol I stop mid word. But it Happens to me when I'm not thinking I'm just going with the motions. Thats because I'm with my bf 24/7 though... So I say his name all the time, every day. Which brings up the question of why was his ex gf on his mind... Maybe he talked to her that day or something. Nothing is probably going on between them he just probably talked to her or saw her on social media or something.