Why am I so scared of being liked/loved?

This is the honest truth. Every guy that has ever shown any interest in me... I run away from. I don't know why... I just get scared...

I've never dated before in my entire life... Mostly because I never get asked out... but when a guy shows any interest in me, I just freak out.

Why am I like this? :/

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• It's alien, unknown to you, people are afraid and nervous about things they haven't experienced. Your probably afraid of getting hurt or hurting someone which is understandable, maybe its because you've seen friends or family get hurt. Time and time again and you're afraid you'll suffer the same way but you aren't them your not going to make the same choices or go after the same guys. But sooner or later you will have to take a risk a chance.

You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.

Aristotle

• I"m guessing it's because you haven't been there before (dating) OR that you're scared of getting your feeling hurt. You probably realise that most people will use you for what you're worth, then toss you aside the moment they've gotten what they've wanted.

I guess you're going to have to let your guard down sometimes. BUT when you're as cute as you're I don't blame you because I'm sure there are a lot of gooneys trying to sweet talk you as we speak LOLOL

Remember that most people don't LOVE you they just think that they do. @Rcjh1987 Can agree with me on that I'm sure and that people will say whatever is needed to get what they want.

• I was gonna say maybe you've witnessed bad things happen to the people around you and you don't want it to happen to you but the thing is, everyone's bound to get hurt once or twice in their lives and there's almost nothing anyone can do about it. Some peoples solution is to remain alone but it's not easy to avoid loneliness. I agree the pain from lost love is almost too much for a person to bare that's why you hear crazy stories about people peeking through they're ex lovers windows or calling and hanging up or following them around to see who they hang out with. Yeah yeah I know that's some stalker type shit so you gotta be on the look out for those type of people. But I cN clearly understand why some people are driven insane from lost love or why others choose to stay alone, it's all because the fear and pain loss. Giving your mind, heart, and body to some is no joke but some people take it as a joke and sleep around with eachother like it was nothing... But just be brave and give a guy a chance... Just make sure he's the one you want for sure. 😉 good luck

• If you ask a therapist this question, the first thing they will ask you is "how were you raised?" If your grew up with a lot of conflict in your home, it is normal for you to be scared about being in a relationship yourself. If that's true for you, then the first thing for you to realize is that you are not your mother (or father) and you don't have to live as they did. Just asking this question shows that you are self-aware and want to improve your life. You can learn to establish healthy boundaries and end a relationship if those boundaries are violated. There are lots of nice guys out there. You don't have to accept mistreatment.

• ... well it's not my parents.
      I have 3 older siblings.. the oldest is my sister who is 28. I didn't really get to play with her that much when I was younger because of how much older she is than me. But I looked up to her a lot. I watched her very closely... and I had to witness her get hurt time after time again by many many guys...

• If she is getting hurt time after time it is not the guys, it's her. There are plenty of nice guys out there, and also plenty of guys who are not so nice. Either she is making bad choices or she is driving them away. You can do better.

• Could it be because you're often the one making the first move and the other person taking the initiative makes it feel a tad weird?
    ;3

• I think its because you don't love yourself. Learn to love yourself.

• If you were in Utah, and I had free time, I'd ask you out for a date.

• Perhaps you're afraid to meet the wrong person, or you want it so badly that you're afraid to screw up.
    Have you ever had big disappointments in the past, due to failed relationships or getting involved with the wrong person?

• 1) ill experience before dating a wrong guy 20 you are not ready for relations 3) wrong peoeple approch you 4) you dnt find the people who love you attractive 5) you must be worried if it could turn bad

What Girls Said 1

• ~~~We accept the love we think we deserve~~~

No, but seriously.. me too, and I do think it's a self-esteem thing :/ Sorry you have this problem, when I figure it out I'll let you know and pass my wisdom on.. lol <33