Why do girls despise nice guys so much?

I don't even mean the rejection aspect, I mean the whole rant on about the fact that they don't enjoy being rejected and don't go licking the shits you take after that. I mean, damn, girls don't ever even experience rejection, see how you feel after being rejected constantly, go ahead try it. Then there are guys like me who you hate the most, newsflash, I do have some issues, okay, probably suffer from psychotic depression disorder or SAD (and I'm only saying this because I think I was misdiagnosed with just major depression disorder). You try suffering from this shitty illness and see how sane you stay after having it for three straight years, let me tell you, not pleasant, in fact, the reason I rant here is because I have nowhere else to express how I really feel about my fucked up life. Combine that with constant rejection and staying sane ain't easy anymore. But nope, you girls know what real suffering is, cuz you willfully and knowingly date assholes. Quit ranting about nice guys and start ranting about your own shitty choices.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop projecting every shit aspect of your life onto women. Nobody is responsible for your happiness but you.

And as a guy who has no problems finding women to date, I object to being called an asshole. Yeah, I don't put women on pedestals and beg to kiss their asses. But that shit isn't "nice". It's just fucking stupid.

I'm nice, I do things for people without expectation of reward. Do I do it all the time? No. Do I let people abuse that and walk all over me? No.

If you're being rejected by women, bud, I fucking promise you that it's not because you're "nice". In fact, "nice" is about the last word that I'd use to describe you right now.

• Truth hurts. Still can't blame women for your shit.

• @Blondie34 I'm not actually 18, I have no choice.

• I still hate you

What Girls Said 9

• Actually, it is the complete opposite for me. I absolutely love nice guys.
    If anything, I despise assholes.
    I like nice guys who aren't afraid to joke around with me and play fight/argue with me.
    If I can jokingly call him a douche bag and he can comeback at me by calling me a shitbag... it is true love! hahaha <3

• Haha thats me, maybe without the (even jokingly) name call like that :p

• "girls don't ever even experience rejection"
    False. Everyone does at some point in some way, whether it's by a romantic interest, friends, family, co-workers, potential employers etc. Rejection is a part of life that everyone faces.
    I despise "nice guys", not good guys.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, most of the good guys I know constantly insult girls to flirt and the dumb hos fall for it.

• Yeah but a woman can go through her life and have as many partners as one would want without having to put herself in position to be rejected. A man can't do that. That's why its not fair to compare the two. Girl gets rejected and it makes her feel bad she never has to put herself in that position again. For a man that decision would be akin to declaring cellabacy. In terms of dating its an obstacle guys have to deal with to be successful. For women its an option

• I don't dislike nice people.
    I dislike guys that march around proclaiming how nice they are (when they're not that nice) and acting as if being "Nice" should get them everything they want. I could go on about this for an hour but I'd rather not.

You're extremely hateful. You sound like s typical Nice Guy.

*also, isn't it funny no girl calls herself a "nice girl"?

• also psychotic depression is a symptom not a disorder itself

• How long does it take, then? Tbh, I'm starting to feel suicidal again, I don't want to go back down that route.

• Well, I'm 18, and I've experienced depression most of my life, I've had anxiety attacks for over two years now, and I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder two years ago.
      I got addicted to Xanax as a consequence of using them daily for my anxiety and now I can't take anything for it. I just have to cope.

With bipolar disorder you're all over the place. My sleep schedule is always off balance, I was always doing either extremely well in school or getting Fs, no in between. I am either going out every night or spending a week in bed.

With meds and therapy, its manageable. I've become more stable.
      I'm still suicidal sometimes. But rather than thinking of how awful my life is I focus on the little joys in life. Like cats, summer weather, my favorite food, good memories with my family. I think of my goals for the future.

You just cope. That's all.

• Guys aren't the only ones that get rejected buddy. It isn't a gender thing. Everyone goes through it. You may be a good guy, but you just come across as angry and bitter here. It's ok to vent, but try not to chew everyone's head off in the process.

• I only go psycho because people insult me here, and because I'm sick of my life being shit even though I try my hardest to be nice and likable and funny in the outside world. My best friend who knows how miserable I feel basically described it as me constantly wearing a carnival mask.

• Well here's a tip, people are gonna dislike you regardless. You can be the nicest guy in the world and people will still hate you for it. The goal is to not focus on them. You can't please everybody. And you shouldn't want to. Focus on the people who appreciate you for you.

• Girls don't face near the rejection that guys do. As a man. You won't get sex at all unless you put yourself out there to be rejected or pay for it. As a woman you always have guys offering themselves for you to reject.

• Some girls just seem to like bad guys. That is most of my previous boyfriends. Now that I'm 33, I'm over that. Girls also get rejected. Easy girls don't get rejected for a one night stand but they will find it very difficult to find a meaningful relationship because men just don't take them seriously. My advice, be yourself and the right girl will come along.

• So, let me see, hmm, so I get used up probably damaged (probably with kids) goods pushing 40 and likely wanting to be with me for security and not out of attraction, while assholes get all the girls when they're young, attractive, not mothers, and without a host of issues? ... Um, I sure won there? Also, fuck that, I'd rather have a one night stand then constant no's.

• How do you expect to not get rejected when you are calling woman ho's and shit. People are trying to give you advice and you're all "fuck that". Not cool dude. It seems you need to learn how to love/like yourself first. Girls like confident men. It' one of the first qualities most woman look for.

• Yeah, some girls are ho's, what's your point, you deny that? If you think I act like this in real life? I'm an actor, it's pretty easy for me to conjure up masks, after all, most people do so all the time.

• It's not that we despise nice guys... I've chosen to date enough assholes that I'm quite sick of them. But I think what attracted me to them at first was the confidence that they seemed to exude (I later found out that their confidence was only peripheral). However, I think a truly confident man would simultaneously make me feel desired without seeming desperate or compromising himself.

• Oh, fuckin Christ, what's the big deal about confidence anyway?

• Well, how the fuck can you be sure of yourself, how can I, it's not fair, I'm not even allowed to be happy, I'm not allowed to be happy yet I need to be happy to get every damn thing in life, BUT HOW CAN I BE HAPPY IF I HAVE NOTHING, HOW CAN I BE CONFIDENT IF PEOPLE CONSTANTLY CRUSH MY CONFIDENCE, WHY DOES EVERYONE BUT ME GET TO BE HAPPY?

• Because you can't base your happiness on whether or not someone else accepts you. You have to find fulfillment otherwise. You are you, and if they reject you, then they are not the right person for you.

• I don't know how to respond to this rant...

• I don't get it, my guy is nice. You don't seem as nice as you think you are.

• I'm nice enough that I try to help people and make everyone feel good for accomplishing nothing for me while i had to suffer from depression for three years. Now, honestly, I couldn't give a fuck about your boyfriend, really, I couldn't, and, yeah, I know I'm not perfect, I honestly wish I could press a button and either wipe out mankind or make everyone as lonely and depressed as I am. But, a thought is not a crime.

• Your question was somehow an insult to everybody who's in a relationship and now you insult what I said. And you wanna push a button and make everyone suffer.

You're really nice you know. I don't use the f word, I think it is very low and definitely not nice, but my boyfriend doesn't give a f about you too. When you are so low that you use such words and insults then maybe you better stop helping people too. God wants us to enrich ourselves first and then think about charity. If charity makes you lose your control then don't do it.

• I'm an atheist love, don't bother using the whole God argument on me. Believe me, I wanted to change this world for the better, but this world and it's awful people WILL NEVER CHANGE. My life has taught me how truly awful this world is. You think you're so righteous HA, why, because you don't curse, oh my miss saint, you surely beat me. I bet you and your boyfriend laugh at people like me, scoff at those men with scars on their arms, alone with nobody else, but they're strong, at least for having not taken their lives. Where were you when I was suicidal, huh, little miss perfect? You like all the others magically appear once I've reached the end result of being insulted for the crime of suicidal thoughts. I take time out of day to talk people like me out of harming themselves, can you say as much? I used to work with children and always give my money to homeless people, and would do more except my mother won't let me work in a shelter. You happy people don't understand us at all.

• They don't, they just despise whiney, bitching, self-pitying "nice guys".

What Guys Said 9

• Women like nice guys. They don't like pussies.

• Well, what constitutes a "nice guy" then, if not constantly insulting and berating a girl makes you a pussy?

• Many things constitute being a nice guy.
      You don't have to be an ass to flirt with a girl and win her over.

• its not nice guys, they don't appreciate the fucking doormats.

• Its not the nice guys they dislike.. they dislike pushovers and submissive guys

• So, should I just beat the ever-loving crap out of girls, considering pushover seems to mean not continuously aggressive and mean.

• You're taking it to the extreme dude... I can see why you'd have problems.

• Nice = doormat = boring.

• In many cases, women give themselves to the worst men they can find! They often go for men who can be properly defined as, bad boys, jerks, assholes, douche bags and so on. There are certainly some exceptions, but the overwhelming majority of women, nice guys are NEVER an option until AFTER they've screwed a long line of douche bags! The linked video graphically explains women's choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESYK8fCEHUQ

• Nice guy usually implies "nice guys", which means guys that force niceness, have ulterior motives, and expect recognition for doing something that people do anyway.

Guys that are nice don't have these complaints because they don't have a purpose behind playing up niceness... they're just nice and that's it.

So with that being said, does this mean you're one of those "nice guys"?

• Actually, I try to be nice because I enjoy it, I'm not nice to girls to date them, in fact, I'm usually just nice to them and start to actually like them once I've already been friendzoned.

• Except I usually start off as a friend because I don't feel interest.

• Then why are you irritated or mad at girls for not switching up their thoughts just because you do? You aren't obliged or entitled to receive whatever response you want people to give you.

• 0|1
  • I don't know about @The_Empty here, but when I get rejected it tends to contribute to my own self-loathing instead of a disdain for women in general.

• I don't hate women anymore than I always have, I plainly hate the world, and for the most part I hate it equally.

• It doesn't matter if you're nice, what matters is if you are a giant floppy pussy.