How do you take a girl on a date without a car?

I live in the city and can't afford to pay $20,000 a year for a car space. I am going on a date with a girl who lives outside of the city, so it's not within walking distance. Is it lame to catch public transport with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was married, had a child, was selling my condo and moving to a suburban house before i bought a car. $20k per year for car space is pretty bad, was probably only 250 a month for a parking spot where i was, then 500 for insurance monthly your first year driving... so just 750 before you got gas or a car.

Offer to catch public transit I think, if she has a car and suggests driving, accept.

Are you in school or working or what? If I was working and living downtown right now (without kids) I'd probably get into one of the various auto share services they now have at least where I live, where you can get X hours a month of time in a car. When I was working I probably rented a car 10 weekends a year. But for an evening, nah.

What Girls Said 3

• No, not lame. Especially if you're willing to go with her on public transport, benefits of it, you can drink (if you do). It's a tad more effort but make the best out of it and have fun!

• I wouldn't mind.

• No, it's not lame.

What Guys Said 2

• I've gone on plenty of dates and I don't have a car.

Does she have a car? Some of the girls I dated lived outside the city and so used theirs.

• No, she doesn't either.

• You can make it work with a bit of planning. Just bear in mind if she's in the burbs then she'll have less transit options than you.

Once you're together it won't matter as much since you can just stay over ;)

• YES, YOU NEED MONEY, GIRLS DON'T LIKE GUYS, THEY LIKE MONEY, SO BUY A CAR.