Single GAGers, do you feel like that you're single because you're overqualified?

Do you feel like people don't want you because you're geniunely too good for them or everything about you just seem too good to be true?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm single for a few resions one is that I like to do my own thing two I don't like to have to rely on a person

What Girls Said 15

• Hahahahah hell no. I'm single because 1. I don't really have the effort to put into a serious relationship at the moment, 2. I don't really want a relationship in general right now, 3. I haven't even found someone I want to be with, 4. I'm going through some personal stuff that I need to clear up before getting into a relationship.

If anyone thinks that the reason they're single is because they're "too good for everyone", then they haven't looked hard enough in the mirror. Nobody is perfect, everyone is flawed. Everyone has something that makes them unattractive. I'm not saying you should feel like shit. But realistically, you should be capable of knowing that you're not perfect and that your "perfectness" is not the reason why you're single. That's narcissistic and delusional to think.

• Haha no. And anybody that thinks that needs a reality check.

• No. I'm usually single because I don't think the men where I live are good enough for me (I have high standards when it comes to respect, and guys here don't seem to respect their woman much).

• In my opinion, if you think you're too good for everyone on the dating scene, over-qualification isn't your problem--but you obviously have one.

• I'm single because I never leave the damn house.

• THis. Also the kind of people im interested in aren't interested in me.

• No, I am single because I am not interested in being with anyone at the moment.

• Wow right on point I don't want to be conceited but that I my case and that is what I think and once heard a guy told me I have been wanting to talk to you for the past years but you always look mad and is about the way you act I act very confident and sometimes that intimidates guys but wow I thought I was the only one who taught that but I see many people are aware of it too but yes that has happened to me its possible

• It's a choice. I could be in a relationship I just prefer not to it's not really my cup of tea.

• No, I think I'm single because I want to be single.

• Nope. I'm not interested in people who try to fuck with me after telling me I look 14. Like damn, who would? But I did ask some guys what they thought about me and they said I look like the type to never give them a chance.

• Lol no. Not at all.

• lol no, people actually really think that? Sounds a bit conceded.

• @Watermelonoma That's terrible, people need to chill, they aren't the best thing since sliced bread.

• Well you like to think so. I rather feel like the best thing than feel like the worst thing that ever been put on earth. But I get that you need a balance between the two

• ... BAHAHAHHA

• Nah, I think I don't go out enough.

• Heck no. I got plenty of options. I choose to be single.

What Guys Said 14

• Oh, don't get me wrong. Good looks, funny, charismatic guy.
    Why am I single? BECAUSE I'M A BROKE ASS LOSER.

Who the hell thinks they're overqualified? If you don't know why you're single then blame it on being dumb and oblivious.

• You're legit bro

• @Man_Over_Game at least you're honest with yourself. I don't believe I'm overqualified. I'm honestly not super flirty and not really a friendly person like a person. I'm just too selfish

• That's great. As long as you remember that, you'll sway your actions towards something better.
      If you hate the fact that you're a selfish prick, then eventually you'll realize you're being what you hate and you change , just a little.

The trick to proper flirting is in two stages. First stage is simple: warm eye contact. Look at her and look glad to see her. Don't look away, if she breaks eye contact, give her a chance to reconnect. If she does, you're in. Second stage is also simple: get her to talk about herself. Initiate with name, ask her who she is, what she's doing here, seem genuinely interested in her. Seal it off with a phone number and DONE.

Really, just making someone feel special and wanted is enough.

• I'm single because I'm not trying on anyone.
    Why I'm not trying on anyone? Because I didn't find anybody to be worthy enough.

So I think we can say either I'm overqualified or I don't have emotions.

• i'm single because of my OWN choice.

this

• okay I did a voice recording of what me being "overqualified" would sound like on a dating website. lols

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1QXbEfXjshY

• Not at all! Although I believe I'm a excellent catch, I'm not looking to date anyone right now (career reasons).

• nooo, I am single because I am not social, and girls don't ever just go up to a guy and talk, and my life isn't where society deems it should be. plus I am shy and just try to stay away from social things.

• I don't think so. I'm single because I haven't found the girl I wanna be with.

• Naaa, just unfavorable life situations.

• I'm single because it's hard for introverts to meet new people.

• Nope, just a lack of effort in finding a girl.

• I'm single because girls never give me a chance.

• I'm single because I simply don't try lol

• Yes too intimating , either that or think I want a visa...

• im single cuz im a loser