Do guys ever take girls on dates?

I've never been on a date. I don't know if guys ever actually take girls for romantic meals and things. I've only ever seen it on TV.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah i do and sometimes i do it in uniform (they seem to like that for some reason). I usually first text or chat with her in order to find out about her likes and dislikes, favorite hobbies activities and on our first date i just take her out to either the boardwalk, an amusement park, or another option i have planed for the day and if she enjoyed her time with me. I take her out on a proper well respected restaurant have a nice dinner maybe dessert and some wine. If the relationship is going well then i start to take her out to the mall and get her something she would love followed by an interactive activity like indoor skydiving or rockclimbing, maybe ill take her out to the track and do some racing and later on i would take her on to a skyline view of the city and share a cup of wine or champagne with her and see where it goes from there.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, some does. They go outside and spend times together on average once a week.

Some just don't care for a lot of reasons (which I respect, a relationship isn't dates)

• Apparently the younger generation isn't into that. Group dates are stupid common. I am a romantic guy and always go for a nice dinner and one on one conversation. The last girl I made a move on wasn't down for that. She was a group whore.

• I am old school yes I have and took her all around the world

• Seriously? what the hell is wrong with dudes these days. I've asked a few on dates, wether it was at the park getting to know each other or eating out and having a meal together

• Wow! That's pretty bad, nothing against you of course. But how are you supposed to get to know someone if they never go out on a date to spend time with you? I mean texting is soooooo not enough. You need to talk and do things together to build a connection. If you ever want to last I'm saying. But I guess times are changing but still talk is key, and you can't beat a good old fashioned date night out on the town.

• I agree with you. Chatting online is so impersonal. And there's something about spending time with just the two of you. It feels a lot more special.

• Hell, you're 22 how hard is it to get a guy to at least go out for a drink? That's basic adult dating 101.

• Haha. I know! Most guys my age are still pretty immature though. No one goes to bars and meets people in real ligr. They all meet online or at bad parties.

• I'm in the same boat as you dear. never been on a date. only ever saw something like that on tv or in movies. and the only thing i think when i see that is "i want that too" lol xd

• These days it's not worth it. Most women aren't worth the time or money unless you know she's wants something more.

What Girls Said 2

• im only 16 and I've had a guy take me on an actual date

• Maybe it's just guys in the area where I live. There's bo gentlemen

• can't say theyre common around here either, but it happens occasionally. just wondering, if guys dont take you on dates how do you ever meet someone? haha

• We just meet through friends. Before me and my boyfriend got together we only saw eachother when our friends were together.

• 17 here, never had any guy take me out on a date