What age were you allowed to date? What age will you allow your kid to date?

I wasn't allowed to date till I was 16 but that didn't stop me from dating when I was 14. I will allow my child to date when I feel he/she are ready.

Most Helpful Guy

• lol "allowed to date"
    BAHahahahahahhahHAHAHAhaha!

If my child is so weakwilled as to let me tell him/her when to date , I will disown him/her. I'll let him/her do it when he/she is ready , but I hope him/her will tell me so I can at least make sure he/she is aware of the consequences of his/her actions.

lol no , not I'm gonna punish him/her but the reaction from his actions.

What Guys Said 2

• I didn't really have an age requirement because I never dated while in school, in fact it wasn't until senior year that I had my first girlfriend (although it was long distance).

I personally would not allow my kids to date until they're old enough to both drive AND afford their dates. And if I have any daughters, I will have to personally approve of their boyfriend/girlfriend before they can date them.

• Sadly, I think even my parents knew that wasn't gonna be a problem, they never mentioned it! lmao

What Girls Said 6

• I was never not allowed. My parents did not give me any restrictions but at the same time i was a late bloomer anyway. I never asked my dad if i could go out with a guy or if i could bring a guy over becasue i wasn't interested in guys.

As a teenager i was more interested in singing, writing songs, acting silly and playing Pokemon lol I was too shy to even talk to guys that I had crushes on. I thought some guys were cute but i always ended up being turned off by the guy becasue i would have witnessed him being a jerk to someone. Teenage boys really do not know how to behave, well at least the cute ones do not.

I remember one of my friends and i thought the same guy was cute. She was shy too but she always seemed to want to get attention from the boys whereas i just wanted to go unnoticed lol. Someone found out she had a crush on the boy becasue she talked about it a lot and someone told him in class and she was so embarrased and the boy said in class infront of everyone "Eww She is not even pretty" as if she was not in the room. I hated that boy after that becasue he hurt my friends feelings. The crazy thing though is that even after that she still had a crush on him and i just did not understand that part about her.

I didn't really become interested in dating untill after highschool. I was 18 and lost my v-card to a 25 year old. For some reason, i thought that just becasue a guy is significantly older then he would be more well-mannered than teenage boys but i was wrong. Age is nothing but a number. My parents knew i was seeing the guy but they never said anything about it. Maybe they thouhgt that i was adult enough to have freedom to date who i wanted to date. I have no idea. They never not allowed me to date

• At home we were allowed to date at any age basically. My sisters had bfs when they were like 9 years old... I just never did haha

And my kids will be allowed to date when they can afford their dates on their own. I'm not sponsoring free dates. And if I have girls I guess my husband will have a saying on that.

• Your husband is going to be like she can't date till she is 30

• LOL if I end up marrying the man Im dating now he would probably never let them date. He is VERY conservative.

• I wasn't allowed to date til I was 18 and I think if I had kids they would only be allowed to date when they were in their last year of high school and only if they had a job. Just because I really don't see the point of dating before then, guys that age are idiots, and in case of accidental pregnancy at least they would have finished school before the child was born.

• yeah I was interested in guys at 12 or so
    Kissing and stuff by 14
    Doing lots of other stuff by 16

It depends on the family, and individual
    Harsh parents pay a terrible price for their lack of knowledge
    Too liberal parents get early grand kids.

HHHHHHHHHH

• I didn't have a specific age of when I can date. I had a boyfriend in the 3rd grade. I ended up having my first serious relationship after 9th grade.

• They were going to make it 18 but I talked them into 17, I'm going to let my kids date about 15 or whenever I feel and they feel they're really ready, of course it depends on the circumstances