Why Does My Bf Never Text Me?

Me and my bf have been dating for 3 months now and he never texts me unless I start the convo. When I do start a convo he doesn't input into the convo and usually ''has to go'' within 5 minutes. Should I break up with him or is this just a stage? Should I talk to him about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most men do not attach the same importance to texting as we do. Sounds like your BF uses texts as a means to an end, such as making plans or saying he is running late, etc rather than a way to stay in touch. If the rest of the relationship is good and there has been no change in texting habits (used to be a consistent texter but isn't now) I wouldn't sweat it.

Sometimes even changes in texting behavior are meaningless in and of themselves. At the beginning he may have texted nonstop throughout the day but the reality is this can be hard to maintain. After a while, when you are established, some guys may cut back if it isn't in their nature to text a lot.

What Guys Said 2

• I prefer voice call or Skype over texting. A lot of meaning in human communication is conveyed through things like facial expression and tone of voice. Even with emojis, texting just isn't anywhere near that. Plus I don't like leaving messages which go a long time unanswered. Makes me think they're disinterested or I'm being a nuisance.

• You don't need to talk to him about anything. Relationships require biundaries. He's established his. Sometimes we have to take that for face value and move forward with it

• Thank you

• No problem - I know it can feel like he is rejecting you but he probably just doesn't realise it means more to you - it is good that he messages you and tells you when he has to go. Some guys just drop offline without telling you they are not going to continue messaging

What Girls Said 2

• Many of today's toms are Not the best texters here, dear, and with you pushing a button on your own end and he simply replies With------"Has to go" within 5 minutes... is telling me he he is one of the millions who would rather talk face to face or just see you with being Up close and more personal.
    If you don't have a problem with him in That department, then as long as he doesn't put you on his pay no mind list of Not responding to your messages, then don't worry about it. He is still keeping the lines of convo open, no matter who sends what first.
    Talking to him may not help. He is set in his own ways with this. However, you might want to try Not sending your Very best one day and see if it has this tom being curious as to what his pussy cat is up to and Perhaps-----Start a convo.
    He is taking you for granted that you will just naturally do the right thing by sending love waves your own way... maybe by you giving him a taste of something different, will put a sour ball in his mouth and he will turn things around and see that maybe he shouldn't think he can walk on water every day.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much!

• You are so welcome... this reminds me of a bad text tom I was going with one time.. terrible texter and when I would conveniently Refuse to see my Tom on some given weekend, tell him "Sorry, out of town, love," he would blow up my phone with----text And calling... lol... one way to skin a cat.:)) xxoo

• Guys aren't typically into text or other written form of communication like we are. They use text for short messages not to have a conversation. If other areas of the relationship are great then I wouldn't break up over lack of texting