Is it ok to settle for someone if you can't get the type of person you like?

I have never had a successful relationship. after a lot og self-reflection, improvement etc. I just don't know if I will ever be able to end up with the kind of guys I like. Is it ok to settle for the ones who like you? Is it possible, I know many people settle... I'm not very good at it but I would like to know how to adjust so that I can be with someone who I am compatible with and can grow to love, not necessarily be in love with.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you need to use eharmony. com. Anyway, the question is are you afraid to be single? If you are, then, you should get the best that you can get. It's kind of like cars. We all dream of getting an awesome car, but most people end up driving an average Ford, Toyota, or Honda.

• I dont believe in online dating. Not my thing really:P. Well most guys don't want a relationship with me. I am tired of being single, not afraid. And at this point, I think I gave it my best so I feel like why not settle for someone who does want me. I'll try my best to love him too.

• Indian women are exotic. So, I'm sure you'll find someone who intrigues you. It's true, academic people are not the crazy, social party types.

• Aww thank you!

What Guys Said 3

• What's the sense in that?

• Better than being alone, tired of being single and facing heartbreak after heartbreak. It feels like that will never change. I have tried to improve, taken several dating hiatus' etc but the outcome is always the same. I think maybe its time to give the guys who just aren't that great, a chance, its better than hoping for something that may never happen (and then be too late)

• What do you want in a guy? Let's start there :)

• Sense of humour, (superficial but true) tall like 5'8 at least, caring, friendly, respectful (to others as well), witty, slightly goofy and easy going. Oh kind of fashionable, because I am but I know I can help that along so that part is ok haha

• Yes it's okay. ur gud

• No. Why do that

What Girls Said 1

• Yes and no.
    You can settle for someone who is not usually your type for example
    but never settle for someone you can't feel attraction to, it's unfair to both and will just lead to resentment and break up later on.
    I will never settle for a person without morals, who isn't confident, who has a different religion and so on for example

Maybe try finding a date by going to places you don't usually go to. I know none of my peers attracted me so I went to cafes and online and such to meet people and not the party scene colleges are like