He rejected me despite loving me and says he will miss me because I was his bestfriend. Whaaa?

So this guy and I were friends for a year, but it was one of those friendships that was never really just a friendship. Everyone thought we were a couple and we did everything together, it was sort of unspoken between us. Just before I was moving away for a few months, he kissed me. It got weird. Anyway, after both of us not being sure about it.. I confessed to liking him and wanting more. He said he gave it a thought and realised he would also get extremely involved if things were to go further but that we can't go there and therefore he decided he didn't want it. I guess we both kind of tried to be friends, he is a guy so hides it better than I do and claimed to be over it even though his feelings weren't 100% gone. I eventually couldn't do it anymore and decided to end our friendship (no contact). A month later, I was visiting for my brother's graduation and he came to the party to see me (something he told me later) hoping to be friends again. It didn't happen of course, he was lingering around hoping to talk to me so I did end up sharing a few pleasantries and then he left. Forward 2 months, I couldn't really handle being away from him and one of our common friends said he didn't seem like he had been doing well. I guess I caved and felt like I was ready to give this friendship thing a shot. 2 months went by and I told him I can't do this and have nothing left to give him. He seemed upset and said he was hurt that he hurt me and hoped I would change my mind down the line. he said he would always be there for me, if I ever return. I will be going back in a few months and he is at the same uni. Not sure if anything will even change then, but do you think he could change his mind? He did say it will never happen because things will just get complicated but I wonder if he misses me? Do you think he would? Do guys ever change their mind?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he is just as confused as you are, but i'm sorry i don't think he is going to change his mind, there is something that he is afraid of, and as long as its there he will never change his mind, i think you should move on, after all he was just a friend.

• Thank you! I had the same thoughts, guys don't usually say so firmly that they don't want to go there unless they know for sure right? And guys rarely change their mind right? Just out of curiosity, I want to move on either way.. since thats the best thing for me, even if we become friends down the line.

• You're welcome, and yeah guys usually like to keep their options open, its better to move on than to wait for him to change his mind. i wish you all the best.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I am in the same boat except every time i try to move on he draws me in again. I wonder why.

• Don't let him, I stopped talking to my guy and he respected my wishes (as a gentleman should).

• Your situation is worse, he wants to keep you as an option. Do you want to be an option? If he isn't being consistent, he isn't ever going to go there

• No i don't want to be an option. I wanted him to be consistent. . one way or another. I guess i will have to move on. thanks