Why do people claim that "looks don't matter" ?

When someone's physical appearance is literally the first thing you see, it's their first impression.

If you're ugly as hell, then you're at a disadvantage when attracting someone you like.

If you're sexy/hot/handsome/cute etc, then you're already at a massive advantage when attracting someone you like.

It's not rocket science lol.

0|0
3|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Because our society has been on a rampage against making people feel bad, hurting fragile egos has become a big no no. This is why we have so many fucked up kids who are never told NO, or that they can FAIL. Everyone gets a medal, everyone is beautiful, everyone wins, there is no real villains on tv anymore, just misunderstood people.

Our world has become a big heaping pile of hyper sensitive cotton candy assed bubble wrapped people with fragile as fuck egos, over active whiner glans, and sheltered real world mentality.

Otherwise know as... our future is screwed.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think that phrase is supposed to mean that ultimately, looks aren't everything. You could be the hottest guy on the planet but if you're a balls to the walls sociopathic booger-eating weirdo you're not going to be able to hang onto anyone for very long.

1|0
    0|0
    • HEY! JERK. IM A BALLS TO THE WALL SOCIOPATHIC BOOGER-EATING WEIRDO!

IM CALLING THE JERK POLICE RIGHT NOW! lmao

• So not make it seem like they superficial, but in honesty looks do matter. you have to be at least attractive enough to the person of the opposite sex you attracted to.

when people say that "looks don't matter" they mainly referencing that if the person is not as attractive as the person they go for but decent enough and have a awesome personality they willing to accept the person for who it is.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Looks DO matter. Why would I be in a relationship with someone I don't find attractive?

Notice how I said "I don't find attractive." That means the person next to me could find that girl extremely attractive.

0|2
    0|0
  • Most advice about dating that's passed down from older people is a continuation of what they were told, and what their parents were told.

It's advice that actually has nothing to do with dating, or sexual attraction. Instead it's all designed to focus on being marriageable. At least by circa 1910 standards.

Boys should be clean, polite, and have their finances in order.
    Girls should be nicely groomed and sweet virgins.

ready to be married off to a good match!

0|0
    0|0
  • Honesty nowadays is shrouded in gray.

How many people are honest in interviews? Hmm? A company wants to hear your a hardworker who wants to work overtime and the weekends. But in reality people want to go home before rush hour and come to work after the rush hour.

My point is, what you say when it comes to dating is like an interview.

0|0
    0|0
  • The people that say that are the same people that brag about how they don't watch TV.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well this is a touchy subject because no one wants to admit to being shallow, but i think that first you have to at least like the other person's physical appearance.

1|1
    0|0
  • Good looken doesn't require much work but if ur not good looken u have to work for it to earn their trust and have great social skills while good looken on the other hand doesn't need that huehue

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it makes them look good and unique. It's like people who say they're vegans or that they're left handed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed.

Although I think the phrase is saying that hot-or-not, If you're a psychopath, than no one's gonna date you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well obviously if you're a psychopath, instinct tells you to avoid a serial killer or crazy person regardless if they look as sexy as Ariana Grande... I hate when people use this argument to defend their stand that "looks don't matter" lol.

• The point being, the phrase exists to tell horny people who will make quick judgements to evaluate someones PERSONALITY before throwing their life away.

It's a piece of advice rather than a proverb or anything.

• They just want people to know that they prefer classy girls or guys but they actually can date a jerk or a bitch... it hapoens in 80% of people

0|0
    0|0
  • Because if you aren't politically correct nowadays so many people will make a fuss out of it

1|0
    0|0