Better to call or text?

asked a girl to lunch yesterday for Friday , she said sure! texted her today saying where we should go. never responded. tomorrow morning would you text or call asking if we are still on?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 27

• I would definitely not reach out tomorrow morning. Maybe wait until Thursday and then call or text and say "we still on for tomorrow?" She might have: lost her phone, let the charge run down, not seen the text. It might not have to go with you at all.

• definitely call! if she doesn't pick up, wait a while, she's probably busy! after that maybe just text her something like "hey just wanted hear your beautiful voice and make sure we still on for Friday , call me when you get the chance?"

• Calling is always better than texting

• Um... I was in a situation like this where I was the girl..
    A boy asked me to lunch and I said yes. But then all my friends started asking me so many questions and basically wouldn't stop going on about it. And people I didn't even know would come up to me and ask if I was going out with him! And this was the first time we'd ever agreed to do something together. Also, he had an ex-girlfriend and a lot of (bad) history.
    Eventually, we went to lunch but oh my god nobody would stop talking about it! And also, it was my first kind of date EVER so I was really nervous and jittery and did try to avoid him, mainly to calm my nerves.

Maybe that's it! Maybe she's just a little nervous and is trying to keep calm! You should text her. Calling her would just put her on the spot and possibly make her uncomfortable. I know for a fact it would if it was me!

Good luck!

• I texted twice once Thursday then Friday never responded

• Hmm... And she agreed to this date? And you haven't settled on a time and place yet...
      I don't mean to offend you but maybe she's had second thoughts? I don't know, call her maybe this time. See of she picks up?

• I would call, its more personal and shows her you are concerned and interested enough to actually dial her number and hear her voice

• C a l l her~
    If she's interested she'll most likely answer.

• call but be casual

• Definantly call, or at least I would prefer that!

• Calling is easier a d quicker

• I prefer to calling.. you hear the otherĀ“s voice and the connection is better :)

• Whatever makes u talk more comfortably

• calling..
    but are you sure she is interested or she just didn't want to hurt feelings (sorry :/)

• U shouldn't have texted from the first place and I suggest u call her if she doesn't respond either smth bad happened to her or she just doesn't want to see u or talk to u

• Definitely call.

• I would call her. Personally, I hate texting.

• Call or maybe she was being nice and had no attentions on going.

• If she really was interested then. She would have answered you , maybe you should just move on to the next one

• Call her and if she has any excuse it's time to move on.

• pesronally, i prefer texts.
    calls freak me out.

• Text calling sounds desperate

• Texting is the safer option. Unless you're capable of making a call not awkward

• Call its easier to get her attention but dont call too often

• Call because you have the right to know whether you're still hanging out. Maybe leave a message of where you'll be at. If she doesn't show up, ouch.

• calling is better but it can seem that you are stalking her.

• You are right when you text her first. I guess it's a safe move but generally, I don't like texting.

• It's best not to call unless you know you can sustain a conversion without too much awkward silences or pointless topics. Maybe you should text and if she still doesn't reply move on.

• Girls love attention so don't be afraid to do both. You could even call her, leave a message and tell her your plans for meeting up and have her text you if she has a change of plans

What Guys Said 14

• I've generally preferred texting, and most of the girls I've dated don't mind it, or even prefer it as well.

To me, the main advantage of texting is that it isn't invasive. If you are hanging out with someone and a friend texts you, you can read the text now, continue to hang out with your friend, and respond later.

Calling almost feels outright rude to me. If you call soeone, it literally cancels everything they are doing, and then they HAVE to respond immediately, and then the conversation has to happen in real time. Then you get in that awkward moment where you have to decide when to end the conversation. "Bye" Cya "TTYL" Later "Love ya" love ya too. etc...

To me, if I want to tell someone something live, I'll text them to figure out when they can meet up, and talk to them face to face. I've generally texted girls if I can't ask them out face-to-face, and then shut off the phone completely when we are actually out.

• Yeah but also They could see the text and forget to answer or say I'm not responding...

• In that specific situation? If you do anything, you should call, in my opinion. Texting back-to-back is too... I don't know, but it just seems like static effort. If you call after a no-replied text, it shows that you're serious about it, at least.

Who knows why she didn't reply. She could be uninterested, but I have to believe girls when they say they were just too busy and forgot. Don't take that as a sign of disinterest tho. I know people who have still got together after the girl forgot to text back the first time. It happens

But in GENERAL, I say it's best to text initially, like you did originally. Less pressure on both of you, allows more freedom to communicate, etc.

• also, how do you know the girl? How'd you meet her? how WELL do you know her? etc. that can all matter, depending on an expected comfort level of communication.

• You screwed up when you asked her "where should we go?" You probably thought you were being nice but actually you were putting the date back on her. You asked her to lunch. You're the guy. Tell her where you are taking her and if she can't eat there for some reason she'll let you know.

• It's ok to set up a date or confirm by texting, however, if she has not responded, then it would be best to call.

You don't want to appear disinterested and she may have a valid reason for not texting you back like her charger went down and had no way of contacting you.

If she seems evasive then you can chalk it up to disinterest on her part and move on!

• Always call. Texting is so impersonal, and you miss out on non-verbal communications cues, like tonal inflection, etc.

• Don't ask her where. Girls appreciate a decisive guy. And definitely call, most guys don't so it sets you apart from the crowd. Just call and ask her if she wants to go _____ at _____.

• ok yah i said would u want to go here unless you know of a better place in the text. 5 hours ago

• if she doesn't answer the phone should i leave a message?

• Yeah call at least a day after the text if she doesn't respond. Leave a message like asking her if she's still interested and wait. Don't do any more than that or you'll come off desperate.

• Calling is always more faster, plus voicemail. But in your case I give a voicemail and just a single text. because spamming could give an attached apperence which aggrivates some.

• I'd call it's faster, easier, and cleaner and who knows maybe something is up with her phone

• Calling is better, but talking face to face is better still.

• Calling is much better.

• Give her 3 chance's Them for get about it? Is there any thing wrong with her phone

• You should call her cuz if she wanna decline its diffucult for her. Good luck

• Call... if she does not answer, forget it. Move on!

• Don't call.

But personally I hate it when people call me if my busy or its super early.

Just my opinion I wouldn't call, sometimes texts don't always make it to the other side. Text again.

• she has a class at 8-9:15 so calling like 9:20 wouldn't wake her up