A 31 year old going out with 19 year old. Is this ok?

I was asked out by this girl I've been getting to know down the pub recently. I turned her down because I am 11 years older than her. I've just 31 she will be 20 next month.

She's very pretty and we do get on really well. My mate keeps telling me to go for it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least tempted. Would the age gap be wrong?

• She's too young for you
  • The age difference is not a problem

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it, but be wary of signs of immaturity. She might not know exactly what she wants and the next few years could completely change her mindset.

Some girls are into dating much older guys. One way to tell is if her parents have a significant age gap between them. It's not a perfect indicator of overall success with wide age gaps, but at least you know she understands the difference and believes it can work. In my experience it holds true. Take it for what it's worth.

What Girls Said 4

• "Wrong"? No, not technically - you're both adults... but it does seem a little skeevy. She might legally be an adult, but realistically, she's just a kid.

• [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/atoev6.jpg[/IMG]

seriously, society needs to get past the whole age thing (to an extent).

• I don't see why it would be a problem.

• If it were my little sister that age, I'd knock you out. Anybody else's relationship isn't really my concern or anybody else's, apart from maybe her older siblings and parents will be pissed.

What Guys Said 9

• the chances of you two being compatible are slim.

• Life's kinda short sir.

Run it by your moral intent. If your interest is purely physical, maybe give it a second thought? If you just want to enjoy each others' company and get to know her on more than a sexual level, then why not? Age gaps are fun.

• It might be awkward because a 20 year old and a 31 year old are at two VERY different places (mentally), but it's not illegal, so there's that right?

• dude you're both legal... as long as she doesn't mind about age difference... what's your prob? :-)

• BY GOLLY GAWD, MATE

Tread carefully.

• Not a problem at all

• Not appropriate with that kind of age difference. Under 21 in my book is still a child. Besides aged 19-40 is when women are at their most shallow.

They always will be shallow but after 40 they calm down a bit.

• Go for it man. 11 years is no bid deal if you have a good time together 20 is old enough to know what she wants from a man

• This is sick you'd want to play with a young chick