If you had a girlfriend or boyfriend but really liked someone else what would you do?

Would you break up with your bf or gf to get with the new person immediately? Would you wait a while after breaking up with said bf or gf before getting with new person? Or would you try to forget new person and stay with current SO?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally would break up first. However, I know that most people (especially the good looking ones) constantly "date up". They will be in a relationship with one person and use that person to boost their status for now, while they'll be on the lookout for a "better" person on the side. Then they'll find any excuse to dump their current partner, give it between a week and a month, and then hook up with their side crush. The cycle repeats.

What Guys Said 3

• No is the answer

• Some people just jump from one person's bed to another but I couldn't do that. If I was seriously tempted by someone else because I felt a stronger connection with them, it'd make me think my current gf probably isn't right for me and I'd finish it.

• Well that predicament is exactly why I'm avoiding my crush. There's no doubt she'd say yes if I asked her.. but she definitely likes several other people more. It's a tough situation to be in.

It sounds like a rude move.. but you shouldn't be wasting your time with someone you don't like as much. It'd probably be better to explain it to them so they aren't completely heartbroken. With any luck, they'll feel the same way and have no problem with the decision.

What Girls Said 1

• ask yourself this: has it been a bad relationship? do you still miss him when he's not with you? do you think you will be happier without that person in your life? because you can't bounce back.