Giving online dating another go. Getting messages?

Why does it always have to be that you get messages from people you'd rather not get messages from? It seems like I'm getting lots of profile "likes" too but I can see who.

Does paying for the up-level membership really help narrow down your options and potential dates?

Should I feel bad about not replying to these messages too? It's nothing personal or anything but it just seems like a lot of work, on top of how busy I am, to just basically message someone back out of niceness.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak for the paying thing. I can't afford to spend money on things like that right now. But don't feel bad for not replying to messages if you don't get the right kind of vibe from someone. I usually will ignore "Hi" or "Hey, how are you?" messages simply because I've worked hard to make my profile interesting, but still give guys ways to engage in conversation. When they don't take advantage of that, it seems like they either aren't truly interested in getting to know me or they just lack basic communication skills. Either doesn't attract me.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, it's designed that way for a reason.

• So if I were to start paying for it, would there be almost a "night and day" difference? lol

• I wouldn't say night and day, it wouldn't be that drstic but the point is that it makes a difference.

What Guys Said 2

• It was worth paying to see their pictures. The ones I weren't interested in, I tried to be proactive and close the match before there was any communication. But I did not feel bad closing them when they sent me a like if I didn't feel we would be a good match.

• You pay what you get