Is this a good idea if a guy is angry because you offended him when you questioned his honesty?

Im thinking about sending him a pizza with Sorry written on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you have the right to ask him anythig dont apologize

• freedom of speech, indeed. But it comes with responsibility for what you say too, you know. Keep that in mind.
      So you have the right to ask, but not to dictate his reaction.

What Guys Said 27

• It's game over for you. Any man who 1) has functional testicles and 2) is not married to that female would hit the eject button. More than sex, trust is more important to a man. If you don't trust him or question his honesty, he views it as an attack. For the most part, unless we are masochists, we don't tolerate attacks from our females. You should move on. He if accepts your apology, you will eventually attack him more and you will disrepect him. Bad times will follow. Don't waste your time. Don't waste his time. Move on.

• I have to disagree though, if a man accepts the appology he generally has strong feelings for his partner. Also what makes you believe that she would ask the same question if she feels he is not being honest with her?

• I'm not sure what you are asking. But I will reiterate a bit and elaborate. A man views the world as a set of threats. You can either be perceived as a resource or support OR you are a threat. Once you are perceived as a threat (such as by not being supportive or making accusations), his memory banks have identified you as a threat. Considering that erroneously trusting a threat can lead to ruin, men minimize that possibility and avoid or compartmentalize the threat as best as possible. This means in a relationship that there will never be full trust again. It'd take decades at best, but, in the interim, you and he would be in a less than blissful relationship. You both would be gaurded a bit with each other, trust never fully being there.

• I would sent it back to you with "fuck you" written on it.
    apologize in person. Write him a heartfelt note. find something more personal

• Depends. if he is very honest indeed and you questioned his honesty not the first time but more, then yes its expected of him to be angry.
    if its the first time, maybe he's over reacting. but every person is different.
    also the issue on which u questioned his honesty matters.. was it dear to him? then yes he's angry and its fine.

so it all depends, relationships always a subjective topic.
    ps: any special gesture from ur side which from ur experience u think will make him smile is gud enuf.
    gud luck

• I don't think its a bad gesture but I would want to apologize to him in person as well. What I think would be better is to get a pizza or something else he likes delivered to him and make sure he gets a letter of apology saying you would want to talk to him in person to explain why you questioned him in this way and apologize to him directly. This is of course assuming you aren't on speaking terms right now. If you are on speaking terms you can take a bit more of direct approach. If this is the case apologize directly and make a peace offering like the pizza or something else he likes.

• No! Asking him if he was being honest is no crime as long as you were respectful. You can apologize for him getting offended but don't go to that much trouble to show him that you're sorry or he will expect/demand that anytime he decides to get offended. It was a misunderstanding so just politely apologize, but don't go to such great lengths. One time I did something stupid and when I was apologizing to a guy and I cried and after that he wouldn't accept my apologies unless I was crying. I'm not saying this guy is gonna be that extreme, but if you make sug a big deal out of it he will too because that's just human nature. And if you do something that's worse than a little misunderstanding and go to less efforts to apologize, he will be confused (which makes sense because that would be confusing) and may even question if you are truly sorry. Its much more wise to just apologize for the misunderstanding and move on

• (Oh that was Tinkerbell. I'm a girl using a guts account by the way. Sorry I didn't explain that to being with)

• Very good advice and you're very wise! I could not agree more! Its true!

• yes if you wrote sorry in the pepperoni that would be an adequate apology. but why don't you send me a pizza apology first just so i can uh... see if you got the specifications right :P

• That's a terrible idea.

Send him a Happy Meal instead.

• So I'm seeing a lot of girls saying that if he got angry about his honesty being questioned then he must be dishonest. That's 100% B. S. I've had people accuse me of being dishonest before when I wasn't and that offended me. If someone questions my honesty once I give them a dead stare and a blunt "No I'm not being dishonest" If they do it again I consider if they're worth dating. Honesty is everything to me and if someone is trying to accuse me and make me feel guilty when I haven't done anything wrong they're gonna get kicked to the curb.

• The gesture is nice... but u still need to have a conversation with him and apologize.

• Depends on how you questioned him and what it was about and how hard he took it and whether he is actually honest.

• A pizza is a rather trivial offering considering the offense

• How in depth did you question it? Did you in any way say or imply that he was lying?

• send him a cake with sorry not a pizza

• It depends on how hurt he is. If it's too bad you might get the pizza back, if it's a simple missunderstanding then he'd appreciate it

• Yes it usually means he's honest after all cops look at people who get angry when they're accused of something they didn't do to tell maybe he's innocent

• When you question your man's honesty... One has to wonder if you are honest yourself. People are going to do what they will do.

• If I were mad and you sent me an apology pizza... you would be granted with eternal forgiveness

• will the sorry be written in pizza sauce?

• Nope! That good you are honest with him. Remember people hate to hear the truth. People just don't get angry without a reason.

• I would prefer a note where you show your honesty. But only do that if he indeed has reasons to be angry. If he is being a pssy then just let him sort his felling alone.

• Pizza is always good. Always. But have you thought about if he's being rational? Like, has he ever given you an actual reason to question his honesty before?

• Gust tell him that you are sorry and you need to be honest with me as to why you questioned him

• Was there a reason to question his honesty?

• What did you say?

• U wanna know text me and the psychology major shall enlighten u

• Instead send him you're vagina with sorry written on it. I'm pretty sure he will love that

• WTF.

No, that's an awful idea. Be an adult and talk to him. Your idea will only offend him further.

What Girls Said 16

• Yeah, his anger is valid, however you questioning his honesty is concerning. It means you don't trust him. So he probably has done something to hurt you. Which is really unfortunate. However, it means both of you reacted naturally if this is the case. If there is an underlying cause to the distrust I would get that solved first before you send the pizza.

• Depends on what context did you question his honesty. Either he is an honest person or he's offended to cover up his lies more. Only context of the questioning can confirm that.

• Well first of all you must have had a reason for asking... That's no crime. Accusing would be wrong but asking is just fostering open communication- which is very important.

If you apologize for that it actually sends the message that communication is not acceptable. You should be showing by - good- example rather than a
    Apologize for it

If you -falsely- accused him then you should apologize , but pizza is not necessary.

• Why were you questioning his honesty.

How did you go about it and how did he respond?

• You have the right to ask your boyfriend that question if you expect something is up. Though I personally would not send something like that, talk to him in person and say you are sorry. Nothing upsets me more than not talking about your relationship to your partner in person.

• He probably wasn't being honest and that's why he's pretending to be offended. Don't get played.

• Why the fuck is he getting angry in the first place. Don't send him no damn pizza. A man that gets angry over the smallest things is not a good guy. Trust me.

• Don't send him the pizza! If he is honest, then he can explain himself calmly without getting angry. If you send him a pizza for acting out of whack then he is gonna walk all over you for the rest of the relationship

• Maybe he's offended that you asked him? Or maybe he is feeling guilty and trying to mask it by being defensive and getting angry

• Why would he be offended at questioning his honesty unless you were accusing him of lying?

• make him a sandwich instead

• Normally that means he is dishonest

• Yep pizza will definitely work. I'll take one too lol

• you have to act like lesbians do then no problem.

• Some people act offended when you question their honesty because they are guilty of a dishonest act and they know it. Please be careful. Don't be manipulated.

• No pizza.. make it personal. . It's hard to hear the truth at times.. but it's even harder to say it.. (I think)..

• you were right girl to question his honesty, because an honest man wouldn't get mad. don't apologize girl and trust your instincts :D

• That is like saying a woman won't get mad about being called a whore unless she is a whore. We know that isn't true. A guy that prides himself on honesty, is going to be deeply offended that one of the core traits of his personality was being questioned.

• no its not the same!
      he is acting mad and hurt to prevent her from searching for the truth, it is very normal for a woman to question her man and vice versa. but he obviously has something to hide