What to say on a first date?

I'm going on my first date tomorrow to the cinema and I'm quite shy. What should I say to my date? I really like him and I really hope it works out

I've known this guy for ages and so this is why it's difficult. I pretty much know everything about him (not in a creepy way)

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him you eat boogers

• Thanks. I'll keep that in mind...

• Thank you!

• You're welcome. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Very helpful update, you have known him for years?
    That means he knows you for years to! :P

In which case, just be yourself and talk as you would normally talk.
    I agree asking questions if you want to know more about him or his idea of the situation can be a good thing if its questions you legitimately want to know.

I'd say be yourself and just enjoy your date with him, if you two are meant to be he will like you for who you are.

• Just don't even think about what you'll say. I'm being serious; it's gotta be natural. This isn't some test at school you can study for.

tldr: RELAX IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN :D

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him questions about himself. He will likely ask questions about you too, so just answer them. Don't freak out too much if there are a few awkward silences. First dates are almost always awkward. As a shy person, I know you will probably go home after and drive yourself crazy thinking through the whole date and wondering if the awkwardness was your fault, etc., but I promise you it's not - first dates are ALWAYS awkward. Be prepared for that, laugh it off, and enjoy yourself as best you can :)