Should I stop seeing him if I'm emotionally unstable?

I have severe depression and weekly suicidal thoughts. I also suffer from body dysmorphia and binge eating disorder. I really like this guy that I met a few months ago, but I fear that the problems I listed above will get in the way of a lot of things over the long term. Should I just stop seeing him to prevent problems in the future if things progress further?

What Guys Said 1

• It's a good question. I don't have an answer for you. I mean I've had emotional issues that have broken up relationships in the past... Probably sucked to be my exes in those situations.

Best advice I could give is be open about it with him and let him make the decision. The best thing for you would be to get help with your issues if you are not already. Get a therapist, get on some meds. Change your life to get past the things that are holding you back, but don't necessarily hold back on your life while you are trying to get things worked out because that will just make it harder to move past them.

What Girls Said 1

• Make him aware of the journeys you're going through, if you haven't already.. Then at least he'll have a good understanding :)

Have you been speaking to anyone about your battles?