How do I keep this from getting serious?

I just started dating this guy, I really like him and we have a lot of fun together. The only problem is I don't want a serious relationship. I want to live in different states and countries to do my work, and I'm afraid of being held back. How do I tell him without making it sound like I'm blowing him off? I want to be with him now, but I don't know what the future holds. Is there anyway he would understand? I don't want to just dump him later on with no explanation. I want him to know how I feel about this.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... I just started dating this guy...
    Before this beguine begins to be a hit and miss sad situation here, dear, sit him down and have a serious convo with him About-------I want him to know how I feel about this.
    This way right from the start, he will know where you both stand and if he cares about you, about being with you, he Will------Understand.
    Open lines of convo are one of the most important factors in any new or old relationship, especially one in which two people are nursing and nurturing. If there isn't any of this, it can go dead real quick in the water and there would be No... what the future holds.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, and again, best of luck.:)) xxoo

• Thanks for your advice. I was just completely honest with him and he agreed! He was afraid of saying something because he didn't want to hurt me, but he doesn't want to be too serious either.

• Oh, so welcome, sweetie.. and so glad it benefited you both with being on the same page in the honesty department. Just go slow for now and may just pan out.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0