Would you date a girl who is taller than you?

My friends and I were talking about this and I thought I might as well make a poll! Guys, would you date a girl who is taller than you?

• Never
  • Maybe
  • Height doesn't matter
  • I love tall girls
If you wouldn't date a girl who is taller than you, please leave a comment explaining why!
If girls wanna vote just to see the results just spam "maybe" lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I am already 6'2 so she would be pretty tall, I am just not used to many people being taller than me, so it would be strange more so than bad. I actually really like tall girls, I date at lowest 5'7 with 6" being my cut off, I still like to be a bit taller though... Which is a shame as girls around my height get excited with a guy that is also as tall as they are with most being a bit shorter, but i don't really consider it for anything more than a hook up... its shitty I know, but that is my gut instance, I like going with my gut

• I also like that all the girls said height doesn't matter, even though it is proven that for the most part, girls like guys to be taller than them lol

• So shorter girls are pretty much the default for you lol. Thanks for your input

• And yeah, I think most girls would say they want a guy to be the same height or taller. Maybe I'll make a poll for the girls. ( ̄▽ ̄)

What Guys Said 143

• Doesn't matter technically. You'll just notice the guys may not hit on them for 1 reason mainly. They'll assume she wants a taller guy. It is the girls who won't date shorter guys that will stop a guy from hitting on a taller girl. Girls even complain about guys who lie online about their height.

• actually i prefer girls who are taller than me and only

• Like, how tall are we talking? I think there's a range that I would be most comfortable with. If her pussy is at mouth level, that just works out for everyone. Or boobs. Actually, boobs at eye level would be pretty amazing. Not only would you negate the tiring aspect of moving your eyes slightly upwards or slightly downwards, but whenever you hugged them, your face would be massaged by fluffy, errotic pillows. :D

In all seriousness, it wouldn't be a deal breaker if she was a few inches taller than me. But, like, more than a head would be pushing it a bit. I think guys *might* have an instinctual desire to be the protectorate and more powerful than the woman; and, following suit, I think women *might* have the desire for a male that's more powerful than her and to be protected. So, if she's taller than a guy, maybe that would just add one negative aspect based on those instincts, but wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker depending on the guy.

I'd really prefer her to be at most equal in height or not below 5 feet... I think 5.

But yeah. There's more to it than just height. Really, it would depend on the girl, I think.

• I'm an average height person really, but i wouldn't date a girl taller than me because
    - I love to embrace my girlfriend, and hold her in my arms.
    - I feel insecure about height differences, as much as i don't care about what other people think, as much as it becomes a dilemma in my head.

Everyone has his or her turnoffs. My turnoff seemed to be this.

-Cheers

• I'm a shorter man myself, so I long ago discovered that just because a woman is taller than me doesn't mean she is undateable! I mean if you are hot you are hot if you are tall or petite!

• Two of the girls I have liked where taller than me, I'm 5'5. They were both 5'6. I guess I could date taller girls too, but not like a foot taller.

• I wouldn't but just a personal preference. I like small and petite girls. Nothing wrong with taller girls, just not my thing. Some guys like super long legs and big boobs. Some guys like big butts. It's preference. I prefer a small butt, proportioned legs, and small boobs.

• It's not something id specifically look for but I would if she was attractive and I was I to her for her personality

• I don't see why a girl's height would matter. She could be 6'6 for all I care. In fact, I'd say athletic, sexy tall chicks actually look hotter than sexy short girls.

• I've dated girls taller and shorter than me. Currently I'm 5'7" and my wife is 5'8". When she wears her heels she adds 5". I joke about it because it doesn't bother me. I dated her and married her because of who she is and not how it made me look.

• the only time that a big deal is made out of tallness is generally by girls.(he's got to be tall dark and handsome).. ask a guy in many cases they don't care.
    if a good looking girl (even though tall ) is interested in a guy most of the time the guy will go with the flow... so to speak...

• They most likely wouldn't date me, because "it's important for a girl to be shorter even while wearing high heels so they will feel feminine" or whatever nonsense some people spout as a response, but I still voted B)...

• I personally don't feel that's important. I only care about that if my boyfriend cares. If we're the same height or if he's shorter, I just don't wear heels. If he doesn't care, I wear whatever I want.

• I will date a girl, who is taller then me cause I am a leg guy. I find long legs with bunch of muscles and very less fat, very hot and sexy. And if they are waxed they literally make me drool if such legs come in some kind of shorts or etc.

• I'm 6'3", I don't have to worry about this. So "never".

• I'm 6ft5 😉 but you are too tall for me. LOL

• @Vez_G_ according to the US census, 100.0% of women are under 6'3".
      www.census.gov/.../12s0209.pdf
      Obviously they rounded up to 100.0%, so it was 99.99% at least.

• 6'4, you've literally just been one upped brah!
      Yeah seen the odd 6, 6'2 girl but thats it. Seen like a 7 ft tall transvestite when I was in hs at a career fair.

@op there was a big 'study' someone posted on this. girls like taller, guys like shorter.

For short guys there's not as many options, but most girls won't date a guy shorter.

• I prefer girls who are shorter than me... but I would not dismiss a tall girl bc of that.

If she is the best person in the world for me... then so be it!

• I like tall girls, even taller than me.

• Sure I guess, height is not a good enough reason to deny somebody.

• I'm over 6 foot so its never happened to me. If I really liked her it probably wouldn't stop me from dating her but its definetely not something I'd particularly like.

I suppose the way you could explain it is: if you were only into muscular men but you ended up really liking some really scrawny weak looking guy. You would probably still date him seeing as you really like him, but at the same time, in the back of your mind it would still bother you a bit.

• I like girls who are tall, even if they are taller than me - it makes communication less awkward (I don't like it when I have to look down to people when talking to them) and I think it would also help in more physical activities.
    But I'm 6'2" and I know personally only two girls that are the same height or taller, so this doesn't really apply to me.

• I think it depends on how tall you are as a guy. I'm 190 so it's rather rare to find girls taller than me, but when I do (I used to live in Holland) I've never had a problem with it.

• I don't care about the height. I just want to date someone who loves me as much as I love them, and gender doesn't matter either. XD

• I looooooooove tall girls. i want to date with this girl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWU_lATw1XQ

• Hell Ya , that would put her TiTs right in my Mouth where they belong anyway , Perfect !!!

• I dont like it why hmm lets say I like to be over her when I hug her and I want her look above when we are face to face and her arm around my neck and my hand down there:) if she's talker it will be opposite thanks no

• Noo. I'm sorry, but I would not feel comfortable being the shorter one. Hate on me all you want, downvote this opinion, I don't give a fuck. I'm entitled to have preferences just like everyone else.

• I would never date a woman taller them me. It would not be a turn on for me at all to have to look up to her.
    But since I am 6' 3" that is very unlikely to happen anyway.
    I think 5' 8" to 5'11" is ideal.
    but I just met the woman that will be my next and last wife... and she is 5' 4" so that is ok with me...

• For me hight doesn't matter. But usually it look more nice if the guy is taller than the boy, were in my case that would never happen, since i am not taller than 5 feet and 5 inch. so hahha, I doomed. :P

• Maybe, it's a turn off, but not a deal breaker.

• I could deal with it. I like tall girls, preferably close to my height but still shorter than me, but it doesn't matter. The girl I like now is exactly the same height as me so if she wears any kind of heels she's taller.

• Height honestly doesn't matter to me. I'm 6'3" and one of the most gorgeous girls that I've ever met in my life was taller than me, I'd have dated her in a heartbeat.

• More from Guys
    113

What Girls Said 10

• my guy's shorter than me, although a lot of guys are. he says it makes him feel a little less manly on occasion, but he loves me for me, not how tall I am, so it doesn't really matter much to him! :) <3

• Most probably won't. There's only a very small subset of guys who are cool with being shorter.

• I dun mind as long as I love him!.

• I would date a shorter guy than me.. I don't know.. I'm Short too4'11 to be exact

• You are In growing stage, you can achieve great height.

• There is a guy who is shorter than me and I'm taller than him and he recently told me he has a crush on me. So, I guess there is guys who like girls taller than them. (:

• I once dated a guy of my exact height, but never shorter. I don't think I would though because I'm short enough myself and anyone even shorter than me would look weird.

• I'm 2.5 inches taller than my SO.

• they seem to like anything that they can sell as a pimp.

• I'm 6' and I'm currently dating this 5'10" he doesn't care and he says he loves it.. And this is the kind of guy that only dates women below 5'3" so guys vary in height preferance and some are too intimidated and others like it

• It's kinda weird having her bend down to kiss you not saying you shouldn't I mean if you're into that then go get her tiger