Do you believe in the half your age or double your age plus/minus 7 dating age rule?

fadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfasdf

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe in such things but I find girls younger to me attractive.

What Girls Said 10

• I have my limits, but they are not based on theories like: "half your age or double your age plus/minus 7".

• i guess feelings and compatibility is first

• I think it's a good rule for younger people who are into someone who's a lot older, or older people who are into someone who's a lot younger. But the older you get, the less age should matter. Like it would be inappropriate for a 14 year old to date someone who's 22, but at 22 and 30 it's not as inappropriate anymore.

• thats true about the older you get the more broader your dating range becomes. what do you think the youngest for a mid 30 yr old male should be? how old do you think youd be until youd think thats ok for you? say he's attractive and cool.

• For someone who's 35-ish, I'd say that the youngest they could go would be early twenties (22/23). For me personally, I don't think I'd be able to date a 35 year old until I'm at least 25.

• LOL no thats so ridiculous.

• so you have no limits?

• oh my gosh... ok I'm going now 😂😂😂

• i always get you and sammy mixed up

• A year younger is the lowest I'd go, and that's if he's amazing.. I wanna be the you get one haha.

Older wise I literally have no limit haha

• I don't really have set numbers. The way I see it is if I am just looking for something fun and no strings attached, I can go quite a bit younger but for serious relationships, I prefer someone my age or older. I need someone on the same maturity and life experience level as me

• Absolutely not.

• Fk that I date who I want

• Omg no that would be terrible for me

• under 18 dont count in the system

• That's good

• iv never heatd this rule, I mo men usually like women younger then them

• Uh... I dont even know this rule... so I'm gonna say no?

What Guys Said 9

• Somewhat but it's also somewhat idiotic. Say someone who's 25 wants to date someone near the max of this rule. So 25(2)-7=50-7=43. But by the same rule the 43 year old can't date that person cause (43/2)+7=21.5+7=28.5 being the youngest that the 43 year old can date. Notice the 3.5 year difference there between the 25 year old considering the 43 year old to be date-able and the 43 year old not considering the 25 year old the same? Well that's still gonna be a 3.5 regardless of what age you take if I'm doing the math correct.

• That's a rule? I personally set my range from 2 years younger than me to 3 years older than me. So right now, my range is from 17 to 22 (I'm turning 19 next month).

• I only date grandmas or GTFO

• It's rather legit I must say... based on some #'s I ran for it.

• Mates 35, his partner is 20 and they are perfect for each other... only one way to find out

• what a beautiful relationship!

• Yeah, it's funny.. they are just perfect for each other, oddly enough even with 15 years difference

• Nope, I've broken that rule.

• Simple answer... no.

• My rule is older than my younger brother (3 years) and younger than my older sister (2 years).

• No love is emotional not logical, therefore trying to turn it into an equation is a fool's errand.

• so would you date a 16 yr old? she's legal here

• I doubt it. Compatibility is what matters though. Life experience teaches you different things. Sometimes life teaches you the right things and sometimes it teaches you the wrong things. Older isn't better, it's just more molded and hardened like cheese. Cheese can be exquisite or it can be funky as hell.

• I've dated older and not my cup of tea. I've dated a few 20 yr olds and in the mid. i will date upto a couple years younger than me but will always prefer the mid 20s. older girls are stubborn and hardend for sure