Is leg lengthening surgery worth it?

All my life I have been at a major disadvantage because of been short. No one respected me the way I looked even though am nice, funny, confident and good personality as my friends have told me and some women. As well as been a misery in finding a girlfriend I have resulted to escorts for year or so as the only way of intimacy with someone am attracted to and I fail to get the job I want because am short. Sometimes I think suicide is a way to go but don't want to hurt my friends or family or going through painful costly surgery to become tall in order to be appreciated, I can't help the way I was born we live in a world where image is only important and you all know am doomed if I don't meet these expectations unless I become rich and famous like tom cruise, other than that am basically fucked. I go out to nightclubs and bars to meet women very rare I get lucky with a nice girl in there or most of the time they say go away you look like a child your no man to man and blah blah blah. You must understand that people can't help the way they look why am I judged on my appearance, am not exactly bad looking I take care my self a lot to the point of trying to please people so I can feel respected and so women will at least dig me instead of tall goodlooking guys, I knew this tall dark handsome guy who don't have to open his mouth to get a date except say bonjour to them. I know it sounds very sad but it's making me bitter to the point that surgery is the only way so am all asking is it really that worth it? I work really hard in life am trying to get a degree so I can get a good job and at least maybe if I do get a high paid job a women might tolerate my height if I have a big house with a pool in back along with a cocktail bar and even then I won't have time to make a cocktail because I be too busy working my ass off to keep her happy... my life sucks

I mean come on am 22, average looking, 5 foot 6... game over! Lol

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• 5 ft 6 is not that short at all. Im only 5 ft 8 and I have absolutely no problems with girls. I think your looking for the wrong girls, because there are plenty of beautiful girls that are shorter than 5' 6". I think the reason girls are being repelled from you is because your coming off as a pervert, I mean you say that you use escorts, so that says something about you. The only reasons girls would not like you is because of your looks or personality, which both can be improved. Height doesn't play big role such as looks and personality. Girls might also not like because of your type, but thats always going to be there, even if your super good looking. Point is you need to look at your presentation... how do you look? how do you dress? how do you approach girls? etc

• Yeah but am average looking and plain. Like I said I dress smart and look good and I can talk to women because I can make them laugh so it's enough they just don't feel sexual attracted to me or am friends zoned or hated

• I don't know how im supposed to back myself. I almost 100% certain that girls dont judge you hot or ugly based on how tall you are. Every girl has a certain hieght limit when it comes to guys and if you dont fit into the girls limit then you need to get over it and move on. To answer your last question... I dont go to bars, only parties, and I only sleep with girls that im in a relationship with

• www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...k-Black-Seth-Green.html

Well here's one part of my evidence that proper fucked up my belief and ambitions. What you got to say about that your telling me I should move on... where can I move on to it's over for me lad am obviously been punished for my sins in my last life or something. Your 5 foot 8 which is kinda below average an some girls will tolerate that but am totally fucked at 5 foot 6 it's either surgery or stick to escorts

What Girls Said 3

• My fiance is 5'6. If guys want to feel tall, then date a short girl. Im 5'3. My fiance was never into girls that were taller than him. He always went after the short girls and he got loads of female attention becasue he is so cute and sweet and manly.
    You can see pictures of us on my instagram https://instagram.com/_the_april_/

• Am glad to know there's a women out there who will appreciate am man for his qualities rather than judge him on his height. It's a shame am one of those short men who just get the shit end of the stick as always because inside am a decent man who can work hard to provide for a women or future family but will only use me for money even if I get a good job and see me on the outside as a child... this is what god has given me cheers mate

• you should be more optimistic. If you know you have other things to offer, then put thoes forward and focus on that, and by other things I mean a great personality. Approach women with a confident attitude because you know you are a good person. Let them see that you are a good person. Dont hide from women becasue you are afraid of being rejected do to your height. Guys typically get rejected becasue they lack confidence. If you confidently go up to a short girl then she is going to notice your confidence before she sees your height.

• You make it sound so easy like opening a tin of beans it don't work like that, women reject men on lots of reason and the most part of it is what we look like on the outside they don't give a dam of personality women when it comes to personality want assholes who treat them like shit while the nice guy finishes last just like the saying goes nice guys finish last and am not gonna turn in to an asshole for women. Confidence the truth really is only plays a small part every time I show them my self they either play games with me or fob me off until the tall handsome guy comes along for them to say hello

... what a fucked up place am living in right now lol

• I'm 5'9 and if I had the money I'd just do it. If you don't feel comfident about your height, there's no reason to keep it that way. :)

• 5'9 is pretty tall for a a woman, though.

• 1.75 m is about 5'9, yes. That is about five inches taller than the average woman, so I wouldn't worry about that. You are taller than me, actually, who's only 5'7.

• @TheSpartan I still want to be a bit taller. I don't want my feet to grow bigger though because I already wear 10.5 on shoes.

• I heard it's all the rage in Korea

What Guys Said 7

• No it's not worth it. Im 5'6 & I'm black so I have people calling me 13 & 16. I'm 21 & I'm not very suscessful but I'm on my way to the top my pay grade just increase to a pay grade 6. But the thing is I have so many females after me it can get annoying. From teenagers to milfs are trying to get with me... I realized what it is after all these years. because when I was younger I didn't know why. But it's not just my looks, my athletic body, or how big girls say I am. It's my I don't need you/ I don't give a fuck attitude. They like the fact that I dont give them attention like every other guy so they fight for my attention. But this may not always work because looks do play a part. But you need to stop looking for girls in the wrong places. because what really attract girls are confidence & being different. They wanna feel like u can protect them & challenge them. They don't want that perfect guy in there dreams that's just all talk trust me. But u have to find some who like u for u. There r plenty of girls with a guy that's 5'6. U just have to me confident, assertive, & laid back like u don't need them. Make them chase u by showing little interset. & don't ask out every girl u like. But it's all about getting them to chase u.

• I'm actually getting leg lengthening surgery next year with Dr. Guichet in France. I'm the same height as you actually (5'6.5", technically). I think you need to work on your confidence, but, if you think the costs of the surgery are worth it, you should definitely get it. Most people who do get it say it makes a significant difference in their lives.

• You do realize that with that surgery your legs won't function the same right? And you realize the reason you have to go out of country to get it done is because every doctor in the states knows that its a stupid idea. I've known someone that has had it done because he is a midge unlike you (you're average).

• ... that is expensive don't where am gonna get that money from have to get a loan or something

• It is fairly inexpensive in Russia and with some reliable Indian and Chinese doctors. Dr. Barinov in Russia charges about $13,000 for the procedure (not including living expenses in Russia). Dr. Shah, Dr. Shah, and Dr. Talwar, all internationally certified leg lengthening doctors, all charge roughly $10,000 for the procedure in India. They use older, more painful, yet still safe leg lengthening techniques, though, thus the lower price.

• I would never do that surgery... I'm unsure about how safe it is.

• You can't fix stupid, not even with leg lengthening surgery.

• I'm 22 and 5'5" and I've never even kissed a girl, but I would never do something like that.

• I don't know what to say lad you must be frustrated, get a hooker... winning! Hahaha jokes but yeah I don't know I have problems my self getting decent women because of how short i am so it's a fact women only dig tall men even though I got the same capabilities as a tall man and am ok for money but not rich. So it's either wealth or height which women want

• Buy a Porsche.. if a person likes you the height is not important..

• Well I did state I needed to be rich in order to get a girlfriend which I know of anyway because money to women is number one always... you could be disabled and still pull women in a Porsche because they only want the money not the guy

• But the women's like that are 0.. so maybe you find a one who likes you not for the money and not for the height is harder but worth it

• In my physical state you know that's like winning a scratch card for 250 grand right. Am a decent lad who's just average looking and average height but there so shallow that they class my height as small and won't respect me unless I grow some inches how fucked up is that. It's same for the women they always get respect if they were born pretty I mean why?

• No fuck that.. Lenght surgery doesn't equal assurance of getting ladies. It's just a waster of money.

• Yeah but women have a height requirement that has to be met and I must achieve it in order to get a girlfriend and get the job I want unless I become rich and famous. I asked a girl for a date not long ago and her answer was how tall are you then I said my height after that she chose some other lad over me. She liked me aswel but couldn't have me because of my height and she was 5 feet tall... would you believe that and she's making me out to be short lol