Would most men feel prefer... theist or atheist/agnostic women?

If there was a more equal representation (meaning 50/50 of believers and nonbelievers) and you could choose either of them, would you like:

- theist woman (devoted Christian, Catholic, etc...)
- atheist/agnostic woman

• Theist woman
  • Atheist/agnostic woman
  • Either of them
Atheist here but yes have wondered what men would like more if it the numbers were even.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as her beliefs don't affect our relationship, I'm indifferent. I don't follow religions, I respect who follow them and I like to be respected either. So, if she doesn't mind, no matter what she believes, I won't mind either.

What Guys Said 11

• I think it really depends on what you believe. I am I guess agnostic and I tried dating a catholic girl once, we got along fine but she hated that I would never go to church with her and we would always get into long drawn out... debates... about our beliefs, not fights for sure, but it felt like a debate. we ended up breaking up because we dated for two years and realized we would suck at marriage and children with our beliefs because neither would buckle to the other. And I can be pretty mean and pull out a lot of facts to theists when they get pushy with me... Since then, I always try and find out casually early on what the girl believes, currently with another agnostic and it is so much better, we just don't bring it up because relgion is such a low priority for both of us

• Thank you for sharing your story. I'm an atheist and have been for the longest. I don't mind people that have their own beliefs and yes like you, if someone religious started throwing things like ''You're going to hell'' and so go then yes I would reply back. I'm not rude unless someone really crosses the line with their beliefs.
      My first and only bf (now friend) was Catholic and once in a while, the debate would be kind of annoying esp when he told me a couple times something along the lines of ''I know you're not gonna do it but try believing in god''. Yeah that's annoying.

• Personally, I would rather atheist.

• Either of them. A woman's beliefs don't matter to me as long as she's not biased and narrow minded.

• I'd go with the agnostic.

• I am agnostic. But for some reason I feel attracted to theist women - the quality that they have faith. I am agnostic myself.

• As an atheist, I put C: either. I could date a religious person so long as they understand how to distinguish faith a reality.

• I wouldn't even look at a woman that wasn't a Christian, I don't See any point in dating a person with such different views on life than me.

• Thank you for your honestly. Yeah, we all have preferences and sometimes you have to look someone that you can relate with better.

• i dont commit to anyone who doesn't beleive in a God.

• Im atheist. I dont like religious girls.

• In my experience, religious women are more likely to have morals and believe in monogamy.

• Thank you for sharing your views but I've only been with 1 bf in my life. Haven't had sex for ages and really only believe in being intimate in a long term relationship. I'm just not the type interest in parties nor casual sex.

• Though, I'm interested in getting into another relationship someday. Haven't had the chance yet.

• Loyalty of a theist, the brain of an atheist.

Unfortunately, a guy has to choose between the two. Sigh.

• But she can be a loyal atheist too. I believe in long term relationships only.

• A theoretical possibility that I grant probably has actual women that are described by it. I haven't met any yet, however. I'm not too hopeful.

• I think it depends where you're meeting them. Bookstores, libraries, science or math clubs, campus, etc are good places too.

What Girls Said 1

• Most men on GAG are know it all atheists so it's pretty obvious

• Ummm... yeah I get the feeling that if it were more men, they would be teaching their children a lot different in regards to beliefs and the kids probably won't get too focus on going to church. I'm an atheist myself but yeah... even in my family, the only few... few atheist are males and I'm the only female atheist.