Is it weird that a guy I met online shows no sign of wanting to meet up for a real date?

I met a guy online that seems to be really great and we have so much in common and have been hitting if off via emails. However we've changed quite a few emails already and he still hasn't asked me out to meet in person, which is odd to me because all the other guys I've met online before had all brought up a meeting after talking online for a few days. I want to categorize this as a red flag but this guy sounds really genuine and we've been exchanging super duper long emails, talking about work, interests, family, friends, opinions, etc., and he kept talking about how he really likes these long messages because you get to know the other person better and it reminds him of courting people with love letters in the old days... He did mention activities and plans we can do together but it's all in future tense and sometime down the road... nothing in the very near term.

I respect his openness and I don't mind these long emails but I feel like a lot of the conversation we have via email could be done in person too more efficiently. I understand that we live 30 minutes away from each other but I don't see how it'd be hard to make weekend plans even. Right now I'm just taking it as a fact that people are different and some may want to take it slow and easy, but I do wonder if this is actually normal?

And since we've exchanged personal email addresses, I know his full name and has searched him online (including Facebook) and actually found a lot of existing information that agrees with what he'd been telling me about his background, etc. so I'd like to think he's real...

Most Helpful Guy

• You want find out more about the guy use www.pipl.com and

www.spokeo.com ... research his name, emails, phone numbers

If he starts asking for money he could be scammer

he could be for real or catfisher really hard to say..

What Guys Said 1

• Have watch the show "Catfish?" He could be one. Be careful and don't invest too much.

What Girls Said 3

• Ask him to video chat and as I tell everyone if he has an iphone, there's no way he can't

• That sounds like what I am dealing with, same exact senerio. Met him online, been talking for a month, wants to take things slow, lives in the same town as me. Follow your gut.

• One word... CATFISH