Why am I single if im pretty?

Everyone says im gorgeous, even my guy friends have told me im really pretty. I have a lot of hot/cocky guy friends, which don't they only befriend girls they think are attractive? I'd say im like a 7.5/10 and I wear no makeup (not to sound cocky, im just being honest for the question's sake).
I know i have a fun and chill personality since I make friends with guys and girl super easily.
But if personality isn't the problem and people say I look good, why am I single?

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't rely solely on looking good. You need to actually show a guy signs of interest for him to approach you and show the kind of interest you want. Most guys dont want to risk humiliation/embarrassment... so if you're not going to approach them first, you need to at least make it easy for them by actually showing that you want them through subtle ways like being touchy, eye contact, engaged in the conversation, etc

• I do have a lot of guy friends and im very social... could that be why they think maybe im not interested?

• no lol. Why would that be it? It because you aren't showing strong enough signs of interest OR you aren't quite as attractive as you think. When it comes to attractiveness, i find its better to ask an unbiased source to give you a full analysis. But anyhow... i think your main problem is that you are relying too much on the way you look to get guys, and not enough on your interpersonal skills

What Guys Said 16

• It could a variety of things (as I think almost everything has already been covered). The 2 biggest ones are probably:

- you may not give off approachable vibes. Just b/c you make guy friends easily, doesn't mean you give off "I want to be a gf" vibes. If anything, it may be the exact OPPOSITE, depending on how the guy interprets it. The guy may think "oh, she only wants to be friends". But not all guys would think that.

- you may be "too pretty" to approach. Sadly, this is a real thing. A lot of guys will be too intimidated or discouraged to approach/ask out a beautiful girl. They either fear rejection or don't want to put forth the effort, or may not even know HOW to put forth the effort.

The funny thing is, is both of those situations actually should solve each other. If strangers are too intimidated to ask you out, then be-friending them should make it a lot easier for the guy to get the courage to ask you out. But almost ironically, while he may be comfortable enough to ask you out, he may think YOU are too comfortable to be anything besides friends. It's almost like a vicious cycle.

A lot of it is your environment too. Are these hot guy friends really FRIENDS? or just acquaintances? What is your social circle like? Where do you go to meet strangers? What activities do you do? etc etc.

• Well guys find it hard to get the Courage to Walk/ talk to a very pretty girl. That could be one of the reason.

You are def Pretty , don't doubt that. Its just right relationships come at the Right time.

Try to stay away from your Girl friends , so you could be easily approached.

• Odds are, you aren't coming across as approachable or interested. Guys aren't going to approach a girl they believe will just reject them, you have to communicate they have a chance if they speak with you.

Read this chain of links, there should be something of help to you.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1290252-why-can-t-guys-approach-girls

• maybe you don't put on much effort finding a bf?

• Because you could be a bit of a tosser to some.

• Being pretty is the most important to attract a guy for a woman but u need other things. ... Or there aren't a lot of men

• No one is going to date you if they don't know you exist. Put yourself out there at least if you aren't comfortable asking guys out.

• I could ask the same question

• Looks is not the only thing that matters. Your body language is maybe a problem. 90% of attraction is based on body language.

• What body language do you look for?

• To clarify, he got my number/been texting before the whole dinner thing too haha

• Why don't you press on him a little bit more. Maybe he is your man. Come back at us and tell us your news.

• Men won't just fall at your feet and beg you to date them... You have to reciprocate to men who show interest in you

• u might be having a low sex appeal? I've been attracted to many girls who are not pretty but their attitude eludes me and that they are. physically attractive

• How do I up my sex appeal? I have a FIesty (sassy sarcattic but not like bitchy) I thought that itself was upping my sex appeal?

• I can't really answer that unless. i like see u lol. Message me and maybe i can help

• maybe you just don´t appear interested in a guy. maybe you don´t know how to flirt?

• This may be true and everyone says I give off a very confident, put together vibe. Could that influence this?

• My friends always say I am too "chill" and don't give off a impression that im into a guy. How do I change this

• XD i am sorry but i am the wrong person to teach you this... being the 29 year old forever alone guy i am... but you can definitely find good tips on google :)

• I had girl friend who is in same situation. Yes she is pretty but still don't have one and I don't know why. Maybe she lied to me.

• no one is there to admire your beauty

• If you are truly as pretty as they say you are, then something is obviously wrong with your vibe. There are a lot of super hot girls that look completely undateable. They usually give a vibe of high maintenance and unfaithfulness. I don't know you, can't say why but there's obviously something up.

• Why are you anonymous, if you're pretty? Honestly, I mean, how can you say you're pretty, then go anonymous

• I don't have a picture anyway it's literally irrelevant

• Then don't post something like this, yes?

What Girls Said 9

• Perhaps you just haven't met the right person yet. I don't know why so many people say "I look good, have a great personality, blah blah blah, why am I single?" Just because you're single doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.

• Because you don't take initiative to talk to guys. Girls need to stop waiting on men to approach them.

• First of all , I highly doubt you are boring because otherwise people would not want to be friends with you. as for why you are single , it may be a variety of reasons. You may not appear available to guys cos you are always sorrounded with people plus you are gorgeous and fun. they may be too intimidated , or you may unknowingly behave in a way where you friend zone yourself.

• My best friend ALWAYS says Its how I act. But I don't know how to behave otherwise

• Maybe you should ask him/her?
      At the risk of sounding clichéd, maybe it takes the right guy?
      I kinda had the same thing going for me for some time. I then met my boyfriend who fell in love with me for being my usual self.

• cause you dont make an effort eithere to show your intrest dating or relationship wise.

• Maybe you have a boring personality. You're not compelling or emotionally complicated.

• I think my personality is fine bc I make close friends very easily?

• Yeah exactly

• So who's fault is it? You or theirs? Are they supposed to heed to your prettiness?

• Maybe they see you as just as friend though.

• I think I'm decent looking and I've always been single

• You have a lot to learn about life

• I have no idea, glad I don't have to think about that.