What is the correct response when a girl criticises you?

If a girl makes a comment on your hair, your shirt, choice of major, height, etc. What is the correct response? Is she just testing you? If so what is she testing?

Assume that the girl is a dating prospect and you don't know the her all that well - e. g. seen and talked to her a couple of times.

• Ignore it
  • Confidently brush it aside
  • Challenge something about her
  • Take it as advice
  • Other (comment)/ not sure
Yesterday, for example, a girl said that my hair made me look like a used car salesman. But it seemed like she was trying to flirt with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your example sounds like flirting~ but some people's jokes can be too crude~... if it's constant, I would say ignore her~... but if it's just the one time... just laugh it off. :]! it shows you have good sense of humor and can joke around with people`~ instead of being defensive and offended, which usually just pushes people away~ cause you're too much of a serious~ `.` ...

if you ask for someone's opinion , then refrain from being insulted from whatever her answer might be... because you're asking.

If you "didn't" ask... and it 'doesn't' seem like flirting, then that's just rude! Very! and if it really bothers you, you could possibly criticize her back in the same manner~ or just ignore her ~

What Girls Said 1

• Without knowing more about a specific situation it's impossible to know the best course of action apart from "don't be a jerk".

• Yesterday, for example, a girl said that my hair made me look like a used car salesman. But it seemed like she was trying to flirt with me.

• Is that like a girl's version of negging? That's never a good path, dude. She shouldn't have to put you down to get you to like her.

What Guys Said 1

• Confidently brush it aside