Do you think that age really matters? I'm 18, so what would be too old for me?

So I'm 18 and I have a little crush on this guy, but he is 26 and I already know that my parents would just freak out on me! Is 26 too old? I like that he is older because he is so much more mature than guys my age. so what are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• At 26, he's most likely going to want a lot of sex. If you're ready for that, it could be great for you, or it might be too much. If you are on birth control, that would be best, because doing it that often could be a mistake only using condoms. And yes, your parents will probably freak out, because they already know this! Just be smart, and it should be fine! :)

• Well I definitely have a high sex drive. Lol but yes, I should probably start using condoms.

• Yes, you definitely should use condoms! With a high sex drive, you should also consider a more reliable method of birth control. One leaking condom and a hundred million eager sperm present a situation that you want to be in control of!

What Guys Said 14

• 18 and 26 is a bit far. Personally I think 18 - 23 is a good range, unless both of you can communicate very well and are on the same page on many issues.

As one gets older though, the range of eligible ages becomes wider, so say if you're 36, dating a 46 isn't too bad.

• Christ, if 26 is too old then you might as well take me back behind the shed and send me out to pasture 😭😲

• Lol it's not too old to me! My parents think otherwise. Stay inside its a cold one out there 😄

• The older you get the less age matters. I'd try to keep it at a 10 year difference maximum

• No my first ex gf was age 21 and i was age 28 and the last ex gf was age 18 and

i was age 35 , heck your age 18 and legal age don't worry what people say

• since you're bth legal age doesn't matter in my opinion

• 26 really isn't that bad at all. You're both young adults.

Now, 56 might be a little bit different...

• Age doesn't matter. Personally, I wouldn't be attracted to girls much younger than me because I wouldn't trust their mental maturity but once you hit your mid 20's you'll know age is irrelevant. A 35 year old man can easily date a 25 year old girl without looking weird.

• You have a point there, I know that 18 is still young and usually we still have our immature ways at times. I like to think I more mature for 18, and that's why I am so attracted to older guys, because the younger ones that I have been with have just been disloyal or too immature and untrustworthy to handle.

• Society may say that even 30 is too old for you. But I say that as long as you both are of legal age to consent, age shouldn't matter. you can be with an 80 year old man, as long as it's for the right reasons.

• Ya I would say 5 years younger for me is max , the reason is that we are in different parts of our lives and being 18, you're still going to change with life experience and that's quite a risk for a guy that's 26

• if you are clicking go for it, just don't bring him around your parents for a bit lol!

• I've dated 19 being 31.

she def felt very young and inexperienced and i think she's intimidated by me... but loves me off since she thinks she doesn't deserve me... lol i mean, i m a grown person with lots of experience...

• No I dont see a problem. girls usually like older guys so its not unusual

• Age is just a number once you hit 18 and 26 is nothing to date

• When you're further in age, like in your 40's and up, then age doesn't matter because there is little to no physical and mental difference between a 45 year old and a 55 year old. But an 18 year old and a 26 year old are VERY, VERY different. You may like him because he's more mature, but he might probably see you as an immature little girl.

What Girls Said 7

• You should decide that for youself. It's not that age is a problem, but the mental gap is a problem. While you're still figuring out what you want to do with your life and loves to party etc. He might already be working and trying to settle down with a family. You should decide for yourself if you want such thing. I'm also 18 and I wouldn't like that. My age limit is till 22, but I'm a little flexible. Depends on the person.

• If you have emotional depth, it shouldn't matter. people at your age are generally impulsive, strong headed or aggressive passive, spoilt and cannot admit defeat.

• You two might be a two very different places in life with that age difference.
    But, its definitely legal. So, no, its not too old

• My thoughts: As soon as someone turns 18, people shouldn't shame based on age. You're an adult interested in other adults. 26 doesn't seem that "strange" to me, honestly.

• I think age shouldn't matter. If you like someone, go for it.

• To me, age is just a number once you hit 18.

• My parents FREAKED OUT on my 18th birthday because I was talking to a 23 y/o.
    It's all fine, you're an adult now.