Is Honesty the best Policy?

I kissed someone who wasn't my boyfriend this past weekend. It was more than a kiss really, more like a make out, I was extremely drunk, I know its not an excuse but I definitely wasn't in my right mind. Anyways I feel horrible, so guilty and stupid. Im afraid to tell him because I don't want our relationship to end. I will never do what I did again... should I tell him or just try and forget it and spare him the heartache of my stupidity? Ugh.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you truly love this boyfriend, do not tell him. The result of this is that he will probably leave you. If you feel guilty and need someone to absolve your sins, confess to a priest. Honesty is not the best policy sometimes. You feel guilty, and you should, and this should remind you to never do it again.

What Guys Said 6

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFScoO4tb0

IT'S SUCHHH A LONELLLY WORRRD and EVERBODY is SOOooo untrueeeee

• If it was a one-time lapse of sanity then don't tell.
    By telling him you would relieve your guilt but leave him with lasting doubt about your relationship. That wouldn't be fair or wise.

• Thank you, I think you're right!

• I'd tell. It'll just drive you nuts otherwise. Tell him what happened and how you really feel. There is a chance that it will end the relationship but it can also be salvaged. If he ever finds out a different way it'll ruin anything you've ever had with each other.

• if he has feelings and you donĀ“t it might allready be too late. not being honest would only make it worse for him.

• In most cases yes honesty is the best policy.

• Always, always, always, always, and always. :)

What Girls Said 2

• yes it is. u know something girl? as long as you feel guilty about it, it shows that you care enough. shows that you're better than a liar.
    when it reaches a point where u dont give a damn about what u did, that 'its ok', that's when u know ur affection for him is dying.

so id actually say that honesty is love. if you love him, tell him. but u really need to be ready to explain yourself and hopefully he will understand.

• Tell him he truth. Better he hears it from you than learns about it from some random person.