Got stood up on a date? Should I give him a chance?

This morning, a hot guy that I had given my number to texted me and asked me if he could come over later to my house for a little date, and I, of course, agreed. I had asked him when he planned on coming over, and he informed me that he had a navy meeting at around 2 and would probably meet me around 5ish... Well now, it's almost 8, and he has not contacted me whatsoever... Should I just consider this a loss and forget about him, or am I just overreacting and should give him a chance?

• Stop overreacting, and give him a chance.
  • Just forget about him.

Most Helpful Guy

• At least see what his explaination is then decide

• Exactly what I'd say. If his explanation isn't convincent enough, then she should probably give up.

• ok :) thank you

• Most welcome

What Guys Said 3

• How do you something bad didn't happen to him on the way.. Have you called texted him I'm sure he would at least let you know if he won't come over

• Lol no... I just didn't want to come off as too clingy because he did let me know that he was going to be at a meeting... should I?

• Yea ask him if he still on for tonight

• Ok :) thank you for your advice

• You didn't text him and ask why he is late?

• Lol I just didn't want to come off as too clingy because he did let me know that he was going to be at a meeting... should I?

• do " Hey are we still on for tonight?" Don't ask for reschedule, that his job if he still interested. Keep it short and simple.

• Ok :) thank you so much for your advice.

• What a dick... hopefully he's not dead...

What Girls Said 3

• Unless he has a really good reason I say moooooove on.

• If you're 18-24, coming over to your house for a first date is ridiculous. He should take you out somewhere nice, etc. You should actually tell him off even if he texts you now, because then he's definitely there for a booty call.

• I'm sure it really hurts a, maybe give him one more chance if he gives you a good excuse but if you can tell that he's lying and blowing you off than forget it. Maybe you should text him and be like "hey we're still on for tonight right?"