Dating new guy and really liking him but unsure about chemistry. Is it something that can develop with time?

I've been on a third date about two days ago with a guy whom I really like and can talk to about anything. I really like this guy - he's about a year and a half older than me and is really amazing. He wants to take things slow and I don't want to rush things either because I did with my ex and really regret that... but I can't help but wonder about the chemistry between us. I feel like I've known him for a long time and I like spending time with him but whenever we are together we don't really hold hands and he kissed me on the second date twice while on the first date he just kissed my cheek to say goodbye. He lives about 20 minutes away from me and is working full-time while I'm going back to school for a degree in nursing. I compare the new relationship to my ex even though I try not to and with my ex... I really wanted to impress him when I was dating my ex, I wanted him to like me and I wanted him to be my boyfriend and I also wanted to spend every single free moment with him after only knowing him for a few hours. With the guy I'm currently dating I don't feel like I have to impress him because he already likes me as well but I'm not sure about the chemistry. He didn't hold hands yet with me and I think I will when we spend time together next but I'm worried because when we just spend time together and hangout it's really nice and it's like I've known him forever but nothing more. When he kissed me for longer though on our third date... I really didn't want that to end. So I def feel that there's something there but I'm not sure if chemistry and passion will develop or if it won't. With my ex it was there from the start but I think one- sided from me so I'm confused. I don't want to break things off with the guy I'm seeing and he makes me happy but at the same time I don't know... but there seems chemistry to be missing. Maybe it's also a physical intimacy thing? Should I worry or just not question things?

What Guys Said 1

• Chemistry is a temporary effect your body has. No matter what it will fade. So if you enjoy being with that guy, don't worry about chemistry. At least if you don't have it you can truly enjoy the person in front of you without being blinded by your body. (which happened with your ex)

That's rare and valuable even if you don't understand it yet.

What Girls Said 0