First date is done... When do I call her?

So, I got this girl to go out with me, and last night we had (i believe) a really good time. We went to a community play to support a mutual friend, it was a quite good date.

I do not know everything about her, and so, am not sure what to do. I am looking more for general guidelines.

Last night was good, do I call her today? Should I wait for a while before calling?

I called her, not the following day, but the day right after, 2 days after the date. Thanks for the input, I think next time I will call right away, though, The best answer was selected, as it was what I chose to do, but the following day would be best.

Most Helpful Guy

• If today is the following day then call her tomorrow.

• What if there is a good chance I see her tomorrow during the day?

• Even better now you won't have to call her for another date. Just ask her out again when you see her that day.

What Girls Said 2

• I say call her. I always hated it when guys abide by the 3 day rule (so lame). There shouldn't be any rules. If you like her and you want to call her, then DO IT! If she enjoyed your company then she will be glad you called (ask her out again). If she doesn't like you, at least you will know and can move on.

• If you're really interested in her you should call her asap.

What Guys Said 4

• If you don't follow the "rules" then your love life will be a failure!!!

What a joke. People abide by these so-called "rules" in order to strategize and control the situation. Some people claim that it's to protect themselves from getting hurt, others say they're trying to play on a person's natural curiosity, etc...then later when the relationship goes down the tubes (because neither person could be honest with each other), everyone seems to forget that it was them who started the whole thing dishonestly and set the framework on playing games and strategizing. Big surprise that things went sour.

• Dude, call her on the 3rd day after the date. So if you went out Saturday, then call her Tuesday. If you went out Sunday then call her on Wednesday. Always be unpredictable. Why? Because you're tight like that.

• LMAO @ "Because you're tight like that. "

• How is it unpredictable to always abide by a standard rule?

• A standard rule? First of all, the girl doesn't know when you're going to call her. Most guys (even my friends) call the next day. If you just met the girl, then call a few days after, if you've known her for a while then maybe you have more credibility to call the next day as it might be awkward if you didn't--especially if you guys see each other every day by default.

• General rule is 3-7 days after the date. 3 is most likely best since women do not like to wait very long for a guy to call. After 7 days you've lost your chance and usually less than 3 you seem a little too desperate like you don't have a life of your own. Jmho

• Screw general rules. Women like to be called soon after a date. The next day is appreciated, then she knows you like her. We start to wonder about it if you wait too long to call, maybe you didn't have a good time. If you don't want to talk then text. We like that too, just to know that you are thinking about us. If she doesn't call or text back then you'll know she wasn't interested.

So here is a rule for you. If your interested call the next day just to say you had fun.

• Dude, haven't you seen that movie swingers, if you really want them to like you then call them in a week.