Advice for telling someone you like them?

I'm literally about to tell someone that I like them. Any advice on doing that and not crying or freaking out while I do it?

What Guys Said 2

• Whatever you do... do not cry! If a girl told me she liked me, and started crying I'd probably not want to date her.. I would see it as she has emotional problems.

Text him, write him a letter if you can't do it in person. The only time a girl should cry when telling a guy she likes him is if they've known each other for years.

• How do I do this. I've never done this before and I'm freaking out. My parents don't even know about it. I'm not gonna tell them but I have nobody to as but GAGers

• You may not even have to come out and say it. Just give CLEAR signals. If you wanna save yourself from him telling you something you don't want to hear, flirt with him and access his body language before you say anything.

• Think of something funny (ex: a funny joke, something embarrassing, or have someone make faces at you) while you tell them. This way even if things don't turn out the way you want it to, you'll still be laughing and playing it cool.

• Ok but how should say that I like him?

• General template for me :

"Hey ____.. I just sort of wanted to tell you.. well.. you're really (adjective) and (adjective) and.. well, I think I like you."

I really don't recommend this entirely because it's more of a shy approach, which some guys may find cute but others may not be interested in someone who can't speak 100% confidently. Basically, you want to hint to what you want to say by giving them a compliment or two first, and make sure you smile!

• Okay I was gonna say it with confidence but like fun like

What Girls Said 0