Why is my ex pissed off that I've started to move on?

My ex basically dumped more than 4 months ago. He said he didn't feel the same way, didn't want a relationship with me and that there was no way we could get back together again.

Anyway, since then I've cut contact with him completely and he's tried to reach out to me a couple of times, even asking to meet up etc.

I've started meeting some new people and I'm starting to feel that I'm getting over him. For some reason, my ex is having an attitude with me now and my friends (mutual) are telling me that he's checking up on me, calling me names and asking whether I've started dating someone else.

Why is my ex mad/pissed off at me when he was the one who didn't want me? I know it's none of my business anymore but nonetheless it gets to me, as he is acting like the victim in this.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s an ego thing. Often times, people view break-ups as a solution because they are too frustrated to actually exercise some self-discipline and work through the real problem. There are many situations where break-ups are totally unnecessary and completely avoidable, yet they happen because someone’s a quitter or they don’t know how to communicate then resolve the real issue. It appears to me that your ex is clearly regretting his decision to break up with you, missing you, and it’s eating at him that you are no longer apart of his life because he made it that way. It’s getting under his skin that you are moving on and you’re not being some pathetic, pitiful, weak female who’s missing him. This is actually pretty common with dumpers where they claim that they don’t want to be with you but then they get unsettled when you genuinely embrace their absence.

For him to even try and hang out with you is really self-absorbed and inconsiderate. If someone dumps you then it’s really tacky and selfish for them to try and still benefit from your presence, essentially demoting you…lessening the privileges and experiences you receive from them yet still insisting that they get your time and precious, divine energy. It’s probably best for you to keep doing what you’re doing and not let his indecision impede your journey to happiness and peace of mind! He said he didn’t want to be with you, you were probably very hurt when he basically kicked you out of his heart, so now you are finally moving on from that and it’s a disservice to yourself to move backwards over him. Now is your time to love yourself and commit your energy to people and things who are not just going to hurt your heart like that!

• Thank you very much :) your reply made me feel much better and explained everything so clearly!

• You are so very welcome, girl!
      How do his recent actions make you feel?

What Guys Said 2

• A combination of possessivness and ego.

• That's so weird.. It sounds like either he wasn't being honest and still had feelings for you, or he still wishes he had you under his spell... it's weird.. I just got out of a relationship... and my ex said basically all the same things to me.. but she said she wouldn't get jealous or mad if I dated someone else but maybe she's just saying that.. because if she said otherwise she'd be showing her hand.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it is Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who Obviously still Marks his own X in his own softie spot, there is motive in mind for Why------My ex mad/pissed off at me.
    It's because now that you are not hooked at the hip to him anymore here, dear, he is like this touchy tom who is still very territorial about his old pussy cat and that she may be this cat on a hot tin roof with other toms. It is making him growl, extend his claws and paws some and this is why he is not pussy footing around when you are seeing these sure signs of... He's tried to reach out to me a couple of times...
    Don't fall for it. He probably doesn't want to get back into a cozy nest of being love birds again, but perhaps Friends with benefits so he can keep a left wing around you and keep you hungrily to himself.
    Good luck. xx

• He is either really possessive and afraid to let things go or he isn't really over you.

• He's realized he made a mistake maybe..