Should I make the first move?

I've known this guy since I was five and we have always been like siblings but lately I've started to develop feelings for him and think he might have some feelings for me. Should I make the first move if I know he likes back me or is open to giving it a shot? And if I do make the first move how do I make sure he doesn't take it as a hook up? Suggestions are welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you guys already hang out it can be hard to make a move especially after how long you've known each other, he'd probably think whatever you're doing is part of your friendship so let him make the first move

What Guys Said 2

• Sure why not give it a shot

• yes go for it

What Girls Said 1

• Hey!
    I think that you should totally make the first move. Guys are kinda stupid and most of the time really shy so I doubt he would make the first move himself. And if you do make the first move, you can kind of have some control over the situation. If you are sure he likes you back, go for it! As for the hook-up situation I believe you should be straight up with him. If you aren't into hooking up you should say something like, "You know I think of you as more than just a hook up" or "I'm not looking to (just) hook up, I want a real relationship." I hope this helps! Good luck :)