If a women tells me that she is on the pill and is not on it for medical reasons, does that mean she sleeps around?

I hate to sound judgmental, but I've dated women who were on the pill and those that weren't.

It's something I have always wondered about. I also realize that there are women who are not on the pill who sleep around.

But, if she is on it, not dating anyone, and not on it for medical reasons, does this mean she expects to go to bed with someone periodically?

Thanks for the responses. One girl I dated told me she was not on it for medical reasons (I would assume that includes regulating periods) and I did not want to ask anymore questions beyond that.

I guess it's an insurance tool in case they happen to meet a guy? But, then that brings me back to my original premise.

I know it shouldn't bother me, but it still does.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it doesn't. She could be taking it to regulate her periods. Most women who are on the pill or other birth control aren't going to say it's for medical reasons, because usually those reasons are embarrassing. It could very well be to protect against pregnancy if she is sleeping around, but in that case she should also be using a condom.

What Girls Said 5

• people can be on the pill for a number of reasons, one of my friends was on it only to make her boobs grow slightly bigger. it doesn't mean she's sleeping around but if you're not sure wrap it up, whether she's sleeping around or not you owe it to yourself and her to stay protected

• No, birth controls can be taken for many reasons not just to avoid pregnancies. Things such as lowering period cramps, lose or gain weight. In some cases u can use them to put into your shampoo & washing your hair, it makes your hair grow faster. Weird right? Well in could be any of those reasons or more who knows. Just try asking her.

• It really depends. It could be she just wants options. It's easier to just get on the pill and stay on it then the drop it if you're not seeing anyone then try to get back on it when you meet someone.

• Thanks... this kind of makes sense. But, I met a girl last March who was on it. She told me she had not had sex since the previous December. I know she was talking to or casually dating other guys when I met her. So, I guess it's easier to stay on it in anticipation of sex? She also didn't like to use condoms. She seemed to wild for me and I ended up breaking up with her.

But, I meet other girls who are like this too. I have one female friend who is on it and she definitely sleeps around quite a bit. She also does not like condoms. On another note, I thought it was the hiy that was not supposed to like condoms. I thought girls didn't care one way or the other?

• Yeah it's just that you can't just pick up and take the pill... if you go off it and then you meet and awesome guy (which you never know when that will actually happen) then you have to wait until you get your next period. Then the Sunday after that you can start taking it again... and that assumes your prescription hasn't lapsed... in which case you have to go back to the doctor. I suppose while you wait you could use condoms but if they really dislike them then why not just keep on the pill instead.

I agree I thought it was guys who hated condoms, not girls. To each his own. I'd just be a little worried about STDs... if they never use condoms they might have picked up something even if they don't sleep around a lot.

• It depends really. You can also use the pill to regulate your period if it's irregular. Personally I don't care what women and men do, it's not financially hurting me.

• No! It doesn't necessarily mean that. I don't sleep around and I'm not dating anyone, but I use the pill. I use it because it regulates things and just makes life easier.

• Would that not, technically, be a medical use of the pill?

• I meant more the convenience of knowing the exact day your period's going to arrive and being able to skip it if you wanted...

What Guys Said 1

• Are you a virgin hoping to marry another virgin? Most single people do have sex before marriage.

• No, I am not a virgin, and I do not expect or want to marry one. However, are you insinuating that all single women are on the pill? I have some that are not.