Did you ever tell your crush you liked them?

What did you say and what did they respond with?

• Yes I told my crush I liked them before
  • No I haven't

Most Helpful Girl

• I've told 3 of my crushes including my current that I liked them, but 2 of them asked. The first one kinda ignored it, the second started flirting and tried to get to know me but I pushed him away, and the one I like now said he likes me too and now we have a date planned YAY

• Should I tell my crush I like him or ask him to hang out?

• I think he does like me he gave me major hints. for example trying to ask me to hang out. but i messed that up by telling him he was confusing me. at that moment i was scared. was that he why of hinting that he like me? I'm scared to ask him to hangout after I rejected him

• Sounds like he might, just ask him to hang out and if he brings up you rejecting him explain your confusion

What Guys Said 13

• Yes , it got weird and it ended before it even started.
    So eh. I guess that's life.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM

You're ridin' high in April, shot down in May
    But I know I'm gonna change that tune
    When I'm back on top, back on top in June

• I have had the balls to do it once and that was to my only gf of 4 years i sent a 2 page text explaining how i felt and at first she was to shy and hesitant so i thought i had no chance for about a week until when i was leaving to Europe she showed up and kissed me before i left.. point is do not waste your time if you really like that person because you just never know what can happen next.

• Yes in a way not with verbal words but with written ones we wrote a list of compliments about each other and mine turned into a romantic poem of sorts accidentally. Which made me become a poet and well got her excited to say the least the next day we were together lol.

• Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush?

• I have a feeling that he likes me. Should I tell my crush I like him or ask him to hang out?

• If you get the feeling that he likes you ask him out, if your unsure then hang out with him a bit longer and trying get more information.

• i'd not have any prob telling them!

;-)

• Eeyup. And it was the smoothest I've ever been. (Not that smooth, but pretty good for a shy 14 year old)
    We were on topic of love and she often talked to me about guys (is that normal?). But, she was talking about how she was unlucky with love and said
    "I pity the fool who marries me"
    I said, "What if that fool is me?"
    She admitted that she likes me, but a few days later, she had some family issues that made a relationship low on her priority list. But she did/does like me

• Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush? Is it okay to be straightforward with my crush?

• I think it depends on how well you know him. If you've already spent at least some time with him, then I think you could tell him, if not, then i think that you should ask to hang out first, either as a date, which should send the message that you like him, or just as friends so you can spend some time with him first

• I didn't have the courage when I was younger but I finally did at 20... through a text lol I don't know if that counts

• Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush? I would straight out tell him in person. I'm scared

• Take advantage and tell him you hope to chill with him more because you like him

• Okay thabk you

• There wasn't a time that I didn't

• How did you do it? What did you say? How did they respond?

• can't even spell my username right and you wonder why you're still single. pft.

• @linkywinky I NEVER WONDERED!

• Well in total I've asked three different people but one i asked twice. The one i asked twice said yes the second time but said she didn't want to go out with me a week later :/

• Im going to sleep. Best of luck to you

Tell me how it turns out :)

• Okay thank you a lot for your advice

• she said: "i don´t like you like that" oh well...

• @puncakegirl i luv u baby 💏

• I never had a crush to crush on in the first place😏

• I really liked this girl at my church when I was in high school. I used to play guitar and sing whenever we would do retreats or whatever. I did Jack Johnson and John Mayer type stuff and I've been a musician for 15 years and took voice lessons. I guess you could say I'm really good. She went nuts the first time. I was really shy at the time and got friend zoned. Eventually I asked her out but it didn't work out lol. Got de friended on Facebook and haven't heard from the asshole since. She was really immature so I'm not surprised

• What does this have to do with my answer? Lol just kidding. Just ask him he's a teenage boy it's not as hard as you think

• No I didn't.

• Like would you be shocked if someone told you they liked you? How would you respond?

• Ask the other kids.

What Girls Said 19

• Yeah, I had a crush on him for almost 4 years (still do). His response was that he didn't want to be with me and he was moving to the other side of the country in less than a month. He spooned me and little did he know that I was crying. I was very silent about it. That was the first rejection I have ever gotten and by the person I have been in love with the most. Yeah, It wasn't just a little crush...

• I'm so so so very sorry! Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush? WOuld it be okay to me staright forward with him?

• Yes, I think you should tell him. I don't regret telling "bob" that I had feelings for him. I actually felt better to let it out.

• I feel for you :(

• I straight up told my crush I liked him, he asked me the night before if I liked anyone and I told him I would tell him the next day, I said "it's you, you're the guy I like. I have a big crush on you." He smiled really big and said "I'm jumping for joy on the inside."

Two years later and we've been happily married for 10 months. 👌

• OMG I'm so happy for you! Thats crazy that you got married to him! Congrats! I'm scared to tell my crush I like him. I feel like its random but I rather tell him I like him then ask him to hangout. How did you tell him you liked him? Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush?

• Just say "hey ____, I like you, we should go out on a date sometime."

• Thank you so much!!!

• lol never.

• Well I don't say, "Ay, I like you. Let's fuck and get married." Or anything like that.

I just make it painfully obvious by complimenting them, asking to make plans together, get touchy etc. and then they get the hint.

I mostly get rejected though.

• Yea. But I was too late to express it. Still regret that to this day.

• I always do. I like the direct approach. Sometimes the feelings were mutual and others preferred to remain friends. I was just happy I took the chance & asked.

• So it's fine to straight up tell someone how they feel. Like I want to do it but I'm scared it so random. But I rather straight up tell him how I feel rather than play games. Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush?

• Yeah, humor & a happy personality is a guy magnet, but do your due diligence first. Study the guy & be familiar with things you have in common. Just because you're attracted to a person does not mean you will be good in a relationship together. Also, be aware of his behavior, when I was a kid a told a guy & he tried to boost his ego by reading the letter I gave him out loud to everyone. Which failed miserably, because I've always been too cool to show hurt emotions in public lol!!! Develop a thick skin & go for it :) You're still young, learning to deal with rejection early on is an important tool for surviving the adult world.

• Thank you for your help!!!

• I told him, AND because it was a day before Valentine's I gave him a cute gift with a lot of reasons why I like him. He just walked away like :I I know it wasn't shocked because he won't really text me. Its either I forgot or I'm busy so. Unfortunately, I gave up. He was the first person I actually told my feelings for and the first crush I ever talked to. But he's kind of too cocky so.

• I'm so sorry about that. But I feel like now you know. Now you don't have to wonder if he liked your or not. Do you think it's okay to be straight up with your crush? Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush?

• No, I said "I like you".

• Yes, and they totally told me I'm not gf material and was ugly. Slap in the face :D A couple of years go by and they attempt to ask and I totally swerved them, aholes, thanks for ruining my self esteem :'D

• Yes. I did it was through text and there were prior messages but once we got to the core I just said "I like you" he said "I'm sorry" and that's how it went. Very happy I got it out and got over him because he is a total jackass.

• I'd ask him to hangout first so that way you guys get to know each other more. That's how I figured out what kind of person my former crush was and I'm really glad I figured it out.

• No, I haven't and I never will. Too shy to do it. Does asking celebrity crushes on instagram to marry you count?

• Yep. Don't remember. Don't care. Moving on ~

• If I was sure that this crush liked me back and we have chemistry, then I would tell him. I would just say "I like you" and then they'd say "... I also have feelings for you."

• So it's okay to straight up tell him how I feel. I'm pretty sure he likes me too. This is my first major crush. Would it be strange if I said "(insert name) I like you" to my crush? I feel like its random

• Nope, not at all to be honest :)
      Just don't randomly drag him somewhere and tell him lol, make sure that you'd first say something like "(Insert name), I have something to tell you.." Also try to make it sound serious because sometimes guys won't take confession's seriously if the mood doesn't seem right.

• I did. Wish I didn't. End of story.

• Nope, never have. I've always been too self concious and couldn't bear to have them not like me back and face rejection.

• It's possible. Tell him you'd like to redeem the earlier opportunity posed to hang out together

• What should I say?

• No. I was really close... but... no.

I kinda regret it.

• Nope, way too scared

• Yup, it doesn't always go well

• I told my old crush i liked him and it got a little embarrassing because he told his friends. But it wasn't that big of a deal to me. We actually grew closer after I told him and he confessed to liking me a little while later. But he refused to date me. I don't get why tho

• Yes and no. The last guy who I have a thing for found out from a mutual friend who can't keep her mouth shut, so he asked me about it. I did admit to it though, and it worked out actually, because he liked me back. So I didn't actually say it first but I didn't deny it?

• Nope. It wouldn't be weird, but do not be surprised if they ask "Oh, well why do you like me". Just be straightforward and honest about it. If it's a guy, it's a lot easier that way. If it's a girl, well it depends, some are chill about it, some freak out on you. And well if you tell them, you do run the risk of making things a little awkward but again that varies person to person. Good luck and i hope it works for you.