Do women even want a good guy or do they just say it?

Why do women say they want a good guy and end up dating the same old jerks that are abusive or just plain aholes? Or is it that they want a good guy but refuse to give them the time of day because they can't get past the jerks?

Most Helpful Girl

• We really do want good guys, we just tend to date jerks a lot. That's because jerks are so good at attracting women while pretending not to be jerks. The guy I like right now is a genuinely nice guy and I know that because I've been friends with him for a long time. I can't believe he likes me back because nice guys never show interest in me, but I hope he asks me out soon because a genuinely nice guy is the most attractive thing ever. I think jerks are just more apt to be upfront about their interest in women because they don't care as much about rejection as nice guys do.

• Well I am a nice guy but not a wuss. I will be direct if I have a question or wondering something, but I am honest about it. I ask because I date women my age and thought by now the women my age would be past all that but maybe it is any age. I just wonder who wouldn't want a professional chef who cleans and maintains his own house and is not consumed by work? Hope it works for you because it sounds likethis guy who you like makes you happy. Can just see it in your comment

• You sound like a nice guy and I don't see why women wouldn't want to date you. But if there are women my age (like me) who actually want good guys, then I'm sure there are some your age too, you just have to be patient and find one. Thank you, I hope things work out for you too :)

What Girls Said 4

• No, we like to date horrible guys. Now you know. Feel better?

• you feel awesome with your sarcasm dont you, but you cry on the inside. Sum it up about right Or just afraid to admit it?

• You tell me, your the woman! That is why I asked in the first place. is it because of low self esteem and thinking that a jerk is as good as you can get? You think this is a joke so why not try a serious response or is that too difficult for you at 19?

• See this is what I always notice. The guy who's whining about being a nice guy starts shitting on women who have a different opinion from them. You're being the same as those "jerks" the only difference is they had the confidence to ask them out.

• I can't speak for other women but I sincerely like good guys. I can't seem to meet any but I do like them. :)

• Stop with the generalizations.

• I know plenty of good guys that have girlfriends and wives.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm a good guy, I have a girlfriend. I only hang out with good people, and many of my male friends also have girlfriends or wives.

• I heard that women like guys that are adventurous and not worried about small things. I don't necessarily consider that bad. But I guess it depends on the woman.

• They end up with those guys because those guys are the ones that asked them out. Being a good guy doesn't mean anything if you never summon the backbone to actually ask them out.

• Asking them out and going on a date is not an issue. Its why they would be all into you spend time with you, cuddling and kissing and then just drop you for an abusive ex that they said they are done with. Situations like that, not having no balls to ask her out lol but I do see what you mean.

• i guess they end up with the jerk in order not to be alone basically

• There are other factors besides niceness. Niceness is just one of several qualities that women look for and if a guy can meet enough of them then they may or may not be able to get away with being a jerk.

• Dude take my fucking word for it: They JUST say it.

And it's not about what women want anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq5pYxZQj9Q

• If women wanted good guys they'd date me.

They don't date me.

Therefore they do not want good guys.