If smoking is such a deal breaker to men... Why don't the men I date (or the men my girl friends date) seem to mind? How much do guys REALLY care?

Many of my female friends smoke occasionally. Usually after drinking.
None of the men they date seem to care and I have experienced this as well.
Do you guys really care? Assuming you you really liked the girl of course

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if the girl was very attractive, I couldn't stand smoking. If I wanted smoke, I would have set my condo on fire and stayed in the burning fiasco inhaling the smoke. I have family members that smoked. But fortunately, they have quit. Now, I can breath much easier. I suppose I could date a girl that smokes. But I will admit that she better have a plan to quit and stick to it. Otherwise, it's just not going to work out. My body gets angry with me if I'm around smoke too long.

What Guys Said 16

• I completely refrain from smoking and alcohol, but it doesn't really bother me if the woman smokes and/or drinks, as long as she does it within limits. And yeah, we need to be compatible as well. This goes without saying.

• I couldn't care less if a girl enjoys a few cigs while drinking, assuming she doesn't drink every night.

• Well the answer will change based on the kind of men you date... if they smoke too then it won't be a turn off.

I on the other hand hate the smell and it is a deal breaker.

• I really care because I'm allergic to it. I can tolerate it for a few hours (I work in restaurants), but not long-term. I'll be miserable.

• I smoke weed but hate the smell of cigarettes. won't stop me from dating in my house you smoke outside or not at all and i will urge you to buy a vaporizer

• Hey, everyone digs a cigarette once in a while, I say more power to them, and here's a light. A good cigarette occasionally is one of the most enjoyable things in life, especially with beer. Keyword here is OCCASIONALLY.

• smoking is a deal breaker, for me. and it's not like you find out late, after you grow fond of her, the reek clings to you... so, yeah. deak breaker, like if she had terrible body odor.

• be a deal breaker, I've seen many many hot girls, found out they smoked, and forgot about them

• Maybe you are just running in to guys who don't care? I know for me it's a deal breaker. And the reason for it is because of health reasons and the smell.

• So if you met the girl of your dreams.. but she smoke occasionally, you'd cut it off?

• She wouldn't be the woman of my dreams if she smoked.

• For me personally I don't like cigarettes or drugs, but I am fine with pipe tobacco and cigars.

• i think its hot...
    although i quit 3 months ago

• In my opinion. I wouldn't date a girl who smoked. I can't stand the smell and I would worry about her too much. at least find a guy that smokes too.

• As a smoker, I don't really care if a girl's smoking.

• I would never date a chick who smoked. Deal breaker

• What if everything else about her was perfect, and you two we're extremely compatible?

• Hypothetically, if she smokes we will most likely not be compatible. No, I am not going to date a chick who smokes. I call it my NO SMOKING rule. no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking etc.

• Occasionally is fine, I do the same. When its a habit it becomes a pretty big turn off.

• it's a total turn off for me.

What Girls Said 3

• its only a deal breaker for some guys. Everyone does not have the same deal breakers.

It is definitely a deal breaker for me, i absoloutley refuse to date a smoker of any kind.

• Honestly it just all depends. My mother, my father, and my sisters smoke. I prefer not to be with someone who smokes because I have asthma. But if I am with someone who smokes he just better do it outside or not at all.

• It depends on the guy.