Is it possible to learn how to trust again?

I had stopped dating for almost a year now until recently I decided maybe it was time to try again. Most of my relationships had ended badly before and mostly because that guy had cheated on me. I find it hard to even believe that any guy who flirts with me even finds me attractive due to lack of trust. (I was never good enough for the other guys) Is is possible that I'll be like this permanently or can you learn to trust again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ohh..
    Its really understandable that being cheated upon shatters the ability to Trust someone again...

Well it happens to everyone who has been cheated or have gone through a bad breakup.

There's no remedy or solution that will make you trust again.
    But over time you will learn to trust others.

What Guys Said 5

• "Is it possible to learn how to trust again"

Yes, very much possible. However, it won't be fair to any future guy if you compare them to your past exes. You need to first be okay with yourself and then bring that in the relationship.

• I think it's possible my ex cheated on me while i was away with the army (which is quite common) anyways i have given up for about year just enjoy single life for a bit, then i met my current gf when i came back on leave, while we dint officially start dating for a while we stayed in touch a lot and i eventually gained some trust again and we have been dating for 2 years, hope it works out for you :)

• Sure time to get back in the saddle again

• Yes it is, you just have to get comfortable around them again I guess ^^

NICE username (-_^#)

• If really like him then nothing is impossible.

What Girls Said 3

• Work on yourself first before you even start dating... otherwise you 're always going to attract someone who will treat you like you're never good enough for them.

• The key word is learn.

• If there's a will, there's a way.