Do the "rules" of dating ever make you mad?

I'm talking about not being too clingy, not texting back right away, playing hard to get, etc etc.

Obviously you don't have to follow these "rules", but a lot of people do that I've pursued and it's always turned me off of them. Plus, you can't be yourself!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• I've never played stupid games like that. I'm usually very honest and upfront about how I feel and wanting to see them etc.

• It's funny that I came across this question. There are no rules, no dating protocol it is all about doing what you feel comfortable doing, plain and simple. In my opinion.

• Most of them are stupid, I agree. I don't follow them anyways.

• yeah, i never follow them rules, why follow them and just be like everyone else, why not just be yourself and be unique :)

• Yeah, it's pretty annoying. You have to treat new partner like the individuals they are. The rules also create an air of "lack of interest".

What Guys Said 9

• As someone who has always felt a sense of accomplishment in breaking most rules I was supposed to follow, I don't give a hoot about dating rules!

P. S. I only break rules, not the law! :P

• Yes, i always got immensely annoyed when people mention them to me.
    Just let me be me. Why do i have to worry about all that crap? It makes me immensely insecure when doing these steps worried that i do them wrong.

It would be so much easier if we just do whatever feels best and these rules never apply.

• " Plus, you can't be yourself!" I be myself all of the time and if she doesn't like it SHE CAN GTFO ya kno ^^ LOL

MISTninja be like "I make the rules" AND "I do what thee fuck I want" LOL

• Hahaha, that's more like it!

• Like that nigga little wayne said " You gotta get wit it or get lost" not even on some selfish shit, BUT HEY THAT'S HOW IT'S GONE BE WITH ME lol

• no because i don't follow them basically :-P

• I always reply right away to everyone.
    Unless I'm at work or college where my phones silence I reply as soon as I see the message lol. I really don't care what people think of me for that I don't care about "rules"

• Would you rather have a clingy, immediate texting, easy girl?

• would you rather have a girl more obsessed with "how it's supposed to be done", whan how she really feels about you

• There are no rules when it comes to dating. Only tradition (s)/suggestions. Almost anything can work depending on the people involved.
      No, the woman you described is not my type. But that doesn't mean she isn't someone elses.

• I think most of them are infuriating but there are some that make sense to me and I respect those ones.

• I think the only rule should be "Don't be a creep or asshole/bitch"

• I'd be mad if I was as ugly as you

• Troll profile has been found: Plus you're old as hell to be trolling if that's your real age.

• You didn't deny it.

My god, I'm sorry for your family.

• My whole family perished in that horrific train accident in Westchester County. U mad?